Chapter 20

HARRY STYLES

I've been googling her for thirty minutes. I found out she's married.

Correction, was married.

I don't know if she is or is not single. Not that it matters. But Elle was married. Chase Evans, one of the leading members of Evans, Evans, and Holmes. The two had been together a long time, sporting pictures together all the way through her Instagram, some as a Throwback Thursday from high school. They looked happy in photos, but the newsline about Chase cheating on Elle with Mia Bailey was the number one thing that pops up when searching her.

Mia Bailey was a former model who was turning her attention instead to her real lifelong passion, creating a healthy space for people with eating disorders, food issues, and trying to fix the way people co-exist with food. She seemed to really be passionate about wanting to create a safe-space for others while teaching them to value food and have a healthy relationship. Unlike the relationship that she was currently destroying.

Her own boss, Eloise Evans.

For almost three years Mia had been working hand in hand as Elle's sous chef, but apparently had an ulterior motive. Who knows how long, because the internet wasn't a good source for easy truths. Something I know all too well.

I had a small piece of mind to think about Elle ever since she followed me and commented. Something about her was different from the people lately that I have met and interacted with. She was a breath of fresh air that I didn't expect to encounter. That left her on my brain, unable to shake.

Perhaps it was that she didn't treat me special, in fact she hardly noticed me as a celebrity. She met me out on the streets and didn't recognize me. Granted, that was a drunken endeavor, but even more so. Any normal fan meeting me in passing often asks for a photo or a chunk of my time, which often I do not mind, but she didn't. She hasn't done anything to chase after me or acknowledge me, and now my brain is rotting thinking about it nonstop.

I had already read her bio in the back of the book, discussing who Elle is. I know it isn't the real her, because I'm the same way. I give the answers I know are best, hide anything that could seem unsightly and hope that it came across as the best genuine answer without leaving things out.

About the Chef

Eloise Dupont was raised in New York alongside her father, who inherited the family restaurant after her mothers passing. For Eloise there is nothing better than nailing a new recipe or whipping some incredible meringue. Eloise currently resides in Manhattan with her cat, Pickle and volunteers at the local animal shelter each month. When she isn't in the kitchen you can catch her enjoying a good book with some tea at a local shoppe or spending time at NYC's famous speakeasy lounge The Cellar, owned by her father.

The picture next to the text is her, hair up with a few scattered pieces falling across her face. Simple black shirt, a black apron, and a timeless look to her with porcelain skin, bright eyes, flushed cheeks, and full wine colored lips. She was baking and it looked beautiful, you could see the smile creases she bares and I couldn't pull myself away from the image.

I've been known to people-watch as well as romanticize life. 

But this was not that... this was... different. I wasn't pining after this girl, just intrigued by her. Today I was adventuring with the group, and despite the fact we were busy nonstop, I couldn't find it in me to think about anything else. For the first time in days my mind wasn't bombarded with thoughts of work, auditions, and concerts.

I checked my watch, only another one before I had to head back and prepare for my interview. Right now though everyone was sharing appetizers, wine, and laughing about memories we have had so far on tour.