Chapter 24*

DOUBLE UPDATE: Chapter 23 & 24

ELOISE DUPONT

Harper was giggling while Jade continued her speech. I had set the phone down already, attempting to prop it up using a pillow I found on the seat next to me. The entire plane was far too luxurious and something I was not prepared for when Harry said "I'll pick you up in twenty minutes."

First it was an uber to the airport, a different and more private one from where I landed only an hour earlier. Then, I was greeted by Marcus and Whitney, the team of men who will be flying me to Buenos Aires, Harry's true plans.

I guess when I assumed we were in Argentina at the same time that we would be close, but of course we were a little over ten hours away. Harry didn't mind that, instead finding accommodations and still keeping true to finding a plan for us.

Jade told Harper I ran away into the arms of a famous heart-throb and somehow that is when I ended up in a group Facetime with both girls who were planning my future life with Harry. We weren't even on a date, just two mutual friends hanging out, but that was besides the point Jade said.

Harry warned me we would be walking a bit for the day, and to dress casual and comfortable, but Jade didn't like that plan. When I dropped off my bags in my room in Mendoza she was already there waiting with options for what I should wear today. Convincing her that heels was a terrible idea was the biggest battle, but only the first one.

No matter what I put on Jade didn't think it was enough. She was determined to make my outfit something of a jaw-dropping nature, but I was more focused on a day out and about, and not feeling uncomfortable. After putting on the simple white knitted crop tank and tan jersey shorts Jade gave up. She didn't like the fact I had sneakers on or the "lack of sexual appeal" with the final result. To myself, it was the perfect outfit when paired with a loose white cotton button up, but Jade upturned her nose to the outfit and said I resembled a teacher. I reminded her that this was far too much skin for a teacher. You could show more was all I heard under her breath. 

The plane was a little chilly, and I wished right now I had one more layer of clothing, but the weather for the day was said to be a bit more on the humid and warm side, so walking about with all the excess wouldn't have been fun. Eventually after more than enough teasing, the girls both give up and wish me luck and fun on my date today.

It isn't a date.

Marcus checked on me twice, to see if I needed any drinks, know where things are, and telling me the estimated arrival time. Whitney never left the cockpit area, but he did speak over the intercom once to tell Marcus to remind me Harry would be at the airport to greet me when we touchdown. That sent a small shiver through my spine, knowing that I had no time to prepare myself or freshen up after the flight. Instead using the small bathroom to fluff my hair with my fingertips, wiping the space under my eyes and re-sharpening my eyeliner as best I could.

It wasn't that I was nervous, but instead just confused on what all Harry could plan. The only positive note I had so far was knowing that he ideally was not a serial killer. It would be a little difficult for that with how much the world watches him. Otherwise, I had no idea what he was like, what he would plan, and just what this day would become. A little on the odd side and not something I would normally have jumped into as a good idea.

That's why it is a good idea. You need to branch out and you need to try new things. Chase put you in a bubble, and it is time to live life again.