Chapter 23

DOUBLE UPDATE: Chapter 23 & 24

HARRY STYLES

My heart rate was picking up as sweat collected across my forehead. 

"Harder Harry." She bossed me around while her hands clung to my sides. "Harder."

I pushed harder, hoping it was enough. I felt strain behind my muscles from holding myself up, and it was too hot in here to focus on anything else. Right away when I called Naomi answered, despite the late hour. She knew why I was calling and just what I needed her for.

"Harry," she started to guide her hands over my sides and towards my arms, wrists wrapping around them despite the light layer of sweat that coated them.

I instead collapse onto the floor, my body feeling too exhausted to continue. 

"Harry, you were supposed to hold that position for ninety seconds and you gave up at seventy." Ny had a small touch of disappointment in her tone, but I instead let it go in one ear and out the other. I know I told her I needed a work out buddy, but she was taking it a little too extreme  for the cool down portion right now.

Tonight's show was just as fun as every other night. The roaring of the crowd enough to be heard over my in-ears, the sparkles from homemade outfits that dazzle bright than the stage lights, a million phones and they were all point at me. Hoping to catch the right moment, the perfect angle, something special. I can't blame them. I've had my own fair share of star-stuck moments. Elton John. Stevie Nicks. Shania Twain. Prince Harry. Even the first time I met Spencer Balista was an incredible moment, because she was an up and rising musician who was discovered only a few months ago and has taken the world by storm since then. I was lucky to be booked on the same talk show one night with her, and when I found out she was only fifteen with that much talent, I was blown away. 

Tonight though, the only person who blew me away was off stage.

After the show while we were all backstage and raving about the events of the evening, hearing the roar from the crowd dying down and the security bustling people out of the stadium, something unique happened. As I checked my phone it wasn't the call from my mum, multiple texts from the 1D group WhatsApp that has been going on since 2013, or even the text from Lottie asking to crash at my house in Milan for the weekend that startled me. It was the Instagram notification from Eloise.

Maybe it was the fact it was unexpected, or perhaps just the feeling of knowing I had forgotten to message back the last time, but she still persisted made me pleased. I wasn't going to get my hopes up that she was thinking about me that much, but there was an evidence that she had crossed my mind far too many times since our meeting. Because of that, I was excited to see she had reached out to me before I made some sort of a fool of myself. I have a bit of a soft spot for love, or the idea of it. Falling too fast, too easily, and never guarding myself. I told myself one of these times, I would learn my lesson and not give in to the fantasy of love.

Since getting back to the hotel the only thing I could find myself doing was re-reading through the messages, and then overthinking what to reply with.

After that tizzy of a stress inducer, I decided to beg Ny to come work out in the hotel gym with me. We waited patiently for the security to sweep the room, the front desk to put up an "out of order for the evening" sign, and now I sweated away my worries.

At least, that was the plan, but it was not working. I couldn't focus, and since Ny sent me to the treadmill a few minutes ago all I can do is glance at my phone every so often, telling myself if I grab my phone even just to skip a song, then I will give into the pressure and instead read the DM's again.

I felt a sweaty curl start to graze across my forehead, speed picking up and the only sound in the room becoming the rhythmic thumping of my feet creating a melody with Duran Duran. I hadn't noticed that Ny left me, because instead I truly focused on the task at hand while trying to put the rest of my thoughts at bay.

Should I take She off the setlist? I know if I replace Keep Driving they will not be pleased. The new album isn't featured enough in the rotation, I should keep Antique Cages, In Spirit, and Middle of the Night. However it seems like Blushing wasn't getting the reaction I wanted so I should replace it with Tobacco Reverie. 

My phone lit up and I promised myself it wasn't anything I should check until I hit another mile, forcing myself to finish before I respond to anyone. Once I see the tenth mile achievement on screen I slap the cooldown button, ready to take a shower and retire to my room. The workout tonight was a good way to wind-down from the show but even better to keep myself busy.

Lloyd to Harry: Heard you were burning the midnight steam. Want to pop up to mine before you head to bed to see some shots I am going to send off for your Rolling Stone feature next month

Grabbing the towel Ny left me, I wipe the sweat off my forehead, shoot Lloyd a text back, and guzzle the rest of my water bottle.  The trek up to his room was quiet, headphones nearly dead, most of the hotel in a slumber since it is nearly two am. I only rap my knuckles on the door for a moment before the sounds of someone shuffling on the other side are heard.

Lloyd answers the door in black sweatpants and no shirt, iPad in hand already directing my into the room.

"You seem to be up late." He nods and holds his hand out to show me into the room.

"Harry, my work is never done, only you need your beauty rest." Lloyd chuckles at his joke while I roll my eyes. I wasn't going to sit on the bed and get my sweaty germs all over, so I opt for the chair in the corner of the room instead. Lloyd quickly shuffling over towards me with the iPad, scrolling pictures instead of looking at me. Once we both sit down and look at some of the shots, we finally agree on the same four to send over, hoping the article matches the theme of the photos we chose. 

Finally I make it to my own room to retire for the night, showering and sliding into a pair of shorts and baggy shirt before succumbing to the comfort of my bed. My hair was still wet and smelled like the shampoo someone had packed away for me, a grapefruit scent. The plush of the pillow beneath me was welcoming, and I had one last thing to do before actually sleeping it seemed.

@elle_oh_elle: Harry! So glad you thought of me. How serendipitous of our schedules. Perhaps we will have to find a time to squeeze something in? Does a famous pop star have time to learn how to bake raspberry thumbprint cookies sometime? They are my favorite :)

@elle_oh_elle: Hey Harry. You were right, Argentina sounds great for a meet up. I get back tomorrow and could really use a tour guide. Want to pretend you know the city and show me around for the day?

I could easily show her around, I've been to the city a few times and know some of what would be good sites. I looked up her schedule quickly to see just where she was at, Mendoza, which means I would need to either have the jet pick her up or have myself head there. Truly, Buenos Aires was a better area to show her around, and ideally I wanted to talk her into coming here. I could take her to Iguazu Falls for some sights, walk the city gardens, look at street art together, dinner in Palermo Hollywood to impress her. I could easily plan the entire day out if she is willing to come out. Only one way to find out for sure...

@harrystyles: How about I tell my guy to pick you up at your hotel and bring you to our first stop of the day, a walk through Caminito before grabbing brunch at The Library Lounge? Just tell me what time your flight lands and I will set up everything. PS: sorry for the late night response... it was a very busy day!