Chapter 25

DOUBLE DROP: Chapter 25 & 26

HARRY STYLES

It's been a little while since I woke up to another person in my bed. The most recent was almost two months ago, two people to my left, before the tour was beginning. I thought getting an entire night of it out of my system would make it easier to focus on the tour, the audition, and nothing more. Both Julie and Nate were fun that night, but there wasn't anything more to it than that. 

Somehow, the night spent with Elle in my bed was more meaningful, and maybe that was already a problem.

I liked the way she worried about waking up with bad breath and morning hair, begging for me to have room service send up a toothbrush as she dashed off to the bathroom. She was singing in the shower while I attempted to pick up a little of the mess that was our chaotic night. After dinner and desserts we both fell asleep to the tv droning on in the background.

I felt the presence of Elle the moment I woke up, her body pressed tightly against my own, the softness of her legs wrapped into my own, her hair splayed across my bare chest while her head burrowed in the crook of my neck. Elle smelled sweet and laying next to her felt relaxing, nothing more than this, no expectations.

I had fun yesterday with her, and honestly spending today to make up for the lost time was the perfect plan for me. I liked having something to do in the city, and I am sure the bandmates loved having a day to themselves.

While shuffling the rest of the food onto the tray I hear the faint rapping of knuckles on the door, and hoped it was the worker making their delivery. Elle was still in the bathroom, the steam pouring from the cracked door while the sounds of her voice filled the air. 

"Hello Mr. Styles, the items as you requested." The man handed me a toothbrush and hanger, along with the tray of breakfast food I ordered. "Would you like me to grab all that?" He nodded his head towards the area I just cleaned up. I nod to the man and he starts piling everything into his hands while I stand guard of the bathroom door. I wasn't going to startle Elle by closing the door, but no way was the hotel worker going to get an accidental eyeful by any means.

Once he departs I place the tray on the table in the room and tap on the bathroom door. "Hey Elle, I ordered for them to bring you a toothbrush and some clothes. Would you like me to set them on the counter in here?"

"Oh shoot, that was a really good idea. Thank you Harry, uhm, yes please. I am almost done sorry, it's just so nice in here. Did you know all your shampoos, conditioners, and washes smell like fruit. They call you the fruit man, but I didn't know it was this serious." She chuckles to herself but the whole room smelled like a fruit tart. I was slightly embarrassed but didn't want to admit it.

"Uh, well, thank you Eloise. I put it here. Enjoy your shower." As I creep slowly out of the room she begins harmonizing with the sound of water on the shower floor, a Fleetwood Mac song taking the place of light hums. 

Retiring to the bedroom I scoop up my phone from where I left it last night, forgetting to charge it, instead swiping through the notifications. The worst one was Lloyd telling me to have fun, but not too much, from last night. I could smell the aromas of food from the trays and distracted myself with a small parfait while waiting for Elle to finish up. Once the water subsides it was only a few moments before the door budged open, a crack.

"Hey Harry, this is quite embarrassing actually." Elle only peaked partially from behind the door, her hair tied up in a messy bun while droplets of water still appeared on her shoulders. She wasn't in the outfit I had sent up, only the black slacks were on while a fluffed yellow towel was instead wrapped across her chest. "I love that you were nice enough to get the clothes, but I dare tell you that I am absolutely not a size small in a blouse. That thing did not even go over my shoulders. Thanks for the compliment, but I'd look like a can of biscuits ready to burst."