Jeongcheol 46

"Excuse me?" Seungcheol was more offended than what Jeonghan was, "What made you have that thought, may i know?"

"Why not will i have that thought Mr...?"

"S. Coups."

"S. Coups..." The man picked up a file from his table, and as he went through it, an indifferent chuckle escaped his lips, "Alright Mr. S. Coups, i can see the name you told me doesn't really match with the one written in the file. Any reasons why aren't you using your real name?"

"I don't think my name is anyway related to the case Mr. Whatever your name is." Coups snapped, "This wasn't the topic we were having the conversation on."

"Oh right." The man tossed the file on the table, "As i said, Mr. Yoon have a pretty rough history with that man. His file says the man who died tried to harrass him, it can be a revenge, you know?"

"I do." Coups replied in exasperation, "But if he wanted revenge, why will he kill him now? He could have killed him back there when he was harrassed, why would he wait for such a long time, specially the one when he knew he would be under investigation as well?"

The officer was silent for a while, well, mainly because Coups had a valid point. Jeonghan had no reason to wait for this long to kill a man. Moreover there was no profit of waiting. Killing him then and killing him now was literally the same thing, infact killing him now was more obvious than killing him then would have been.

They just fought yesterday, there was no way Jeonghan was that stupid to kill him a day after that incident.

"Then what was he doing at fourth floor in midnight?"

The question got Seungcheol looking at Jeonghan, his raised brows causing the younger to look back at the officer, "I was there doesn't really mean i killed him, does it?"

"That doesn't answer my question, I asked what were you doing there? Even you," He looked over at Mingyu, "You were with him as well. What were you both upto?"

Along with the officer, even Seungcheol waited for them to answer. And when they didn't, the pause from their side getting longer and longer with passing time, Wonwoo finally opened his mouth, "They were there for me. In simple words, they were there with pure intension to beat the shit out of me."

"......."

Well, the words just made both of the men immediately look away from Seungcheol's stares, causing the older to sigh in frustration.

They were toddlers, definitely toddlers who upon left away from Coups will do literally anything that they saw fit.

"And why would they wanted to beat you?" The officer asked.

"It's not in any way related to the case you are handling, I am assuring you of that."

So, he wasn't going to tell. The officer just scoffed at his straightforward answer and cold eyes, "So, does that say you killed him?"

"Did I say that?" Wonwoo looked irritated, "I guess you just have loss of hearing. I don't remember saying such stuffs."

"Oh, yes, you didn't." The officer accepted, "But if not you, who else will try doing such stuff? I remember being told, that along with S. Coups, you also told the man that you will kill him. Didn't you?"

"I did." Wonwoo was quick to accept, "But I didn't."

Mingyu sighed. If this was how this man going to defend himself, there was no way in hell somebody would believe him.

"How can I believe that?" The officer inquired, "From what I was told, you are one of the easily angered prisoner of here. And-"

"I will really appreciate if whatever you are trying to imply have a proof." Mingyu interrupted, "Being easily angered or having a bad reputation does not ensures he did it. If you don't have a proof, please do not go around bullshitting."