SIXTEEN

LEAH WOKE UP WITH her head on the boys chest. She felt his chest rise with each breath he took, she felt the body warmth coming off her body, she could smell the strong scent of him. It smelt like weed mixed with his cheap cologne. She melted into it, closing her eyes as she tried to match her breaths with his.

She always felt safe around JJ. There wasn't ever a time where she was afraid of him. Yes, he did stupid shit but that was apart of JJ, apart of his personality. And that was one thing she loved about him.

Looking at the past, she felt as If she always had loved JJ. Ever since he tried to steal her Halloween candy and she met those blue ocean eyes.

And she didn't just love JJ for his looks like all the other girls in Outerbanks. She liked him for his personality. She liked him for so much more than her heart could handle.

She loved Oliver for things he showed her. She loved JJ for the things he did and didn't show. She loved him for every part of him. She loved Oliver for what she wanted to see.

Her heart blocked her eyes and all she saw of Oliver was a sweet guy who cared about her. Her heart stopped blinding her eyes the day on that beach.

She saw him for who he truly was. She could still feel his grip on her throat, she could still hear his words in her ear, she could still see his face, his dark eyes, she could still feel his breath on her face. Like it was haunting her.

But she could also remember his smile, the moments they shared together, the breakfast he made, tasting that disgusting pulp filled orange juice. She could remember it all. As if she were living it right now, but only in a dream.

And right as her heart starts to feel something for Oliver again she remembers. She remembers how hard it was to talk. How she thought she was gonna die. How she was ready to leave Kailey and watch her live without her from above.

She felt JJ move underneath her, his eyes still closed. Leah smiled softly at him. She loved him. For the first time ever, it didn't seem so scary or werid to admit it. She loved him.

She loved JJ Maybank.
She loved his eyes, his fluffy hair, his smooth face, his laugh, his rings, his smile, his wonderful body, his personality, his music taste. Everything.

She didn't care about the rule anymore. It was a dumb rule. How are you supposed to not follow your heart? She looked at the boys face and couldn't help but smile. Hm, she never noticed that freckle just below his nose that blended in with his skin tone almost perfectly.

"You know staring is werid right?" JJ spoke out from his pink lips. His eyes still closed. His voice was raspy as he spoke as Leah's heart skipped a beat.

"Sorry" Leah whispered out, looking away when JJ grabbed her by her waist, pulling her back to face him. But this time, his eyes were open.

JJ smiled softly at the girl before his eyes drifted down and that smile dropped. "Can I please kill him?" JJ begged the girl.

"We don't kill people, Jay" Leah said, slightly shaking her head.

JJ let out a groan. "You are so not fun" He breathed out as Leah's jaw dropped.

"I'm fun" She defended as JJ raised his eyebrows. "Don't look at me like that, I'm very fun. You just haven't seen that part of me yet"

"And how do I see that part of you? The fun Leah?" JJ asked, not hiding his smirk very well.

"Hmm...well, first, you have to kiss me" Leah spoke with as her cheeks were pink, not hiding her smile very well.

JJ looked down at the girls lips before slowly leaning in. Their lips touched as Leah kissed him back, her eyelids closing as she melted into the kiss. She wrapped her arms around his neck as JJ put his hands on her lower back, touching her back dimples.