visit

A few weeks later, I was starting to feel more like myself again. I still had a long way to go before I was fully recovered, but the progress was noticeable. My arm was still in a cast, and the plaster on my head had been replaced with smaller bandages. The pain was manageable, and I was slowly getting used to my new routine.

It was a nice summer morning, and I was enjoying the warmth and the sense of normalcy that was slowly returning. I had just finished breakfast and was sitting in the living room, enjoying a cup of tea and chatting with my family. Everyone seemed to be in good spirits, which was a nice change from the tension that had been hanging over us for so long.

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door. I looked around, surprised. "Is anyone expecting someone?" I asked.

My family exchanged glances, and I could see the hint of a smile on Mum's face. "Why don't you go see who it is, Maddie?" she suggested.

Curious, I got up and made my way to the door. When I opened it, I was met with the last person I expected to see. Leah stood there, a huge smile on her face, looking as beautiful as ever.

"Leah!" I exclaimed, my heart racing with excitement. "What are you doing here?"

She stepped forward, wrapping me in a gentle hug. "Surprise! I thought it was about time I came to see you in person."

I hugged her back, careful of my injuries, and then pulled away slightly to look at her. "I can't believe you're here. This is the best surprise ever."

Leah laughed, her eyes sparkling with happiness. "I've been planning this with your family for a while. They thought it would be a good idea to lift your spirits."

I turned to look at my family, who were all watching us with knowing smiles. "You guys knew about this?"

Mum nodded, her smile widening. "Of course we did. We wanted to see you happy."

I felt a rush of gratitude and love for my family. "Thank you," I said, my voice thick with emotion. "This means so much to me."

Leah took my hand and gave it a squeeze. "I'm here for a few days, so we have plenty of time to catch up and spend time together."

I couldn't stop smiling. "This is amazing, Leah. Thank you so much for coming."

We all spent the rest of the morning together, talking and laughing. Leah's presence brought a new energy to the house, and I felt lighter than I had in weeks.

Later, as we sat in the garden enjoying the warm summer breeze, Leah turned to me and smiled. "I've missed you, Maddie. It's so good to see you in person again."

"I've missed you too," I said, feeling a warmth spread through me. "Having you here means the world to me."

She leaned in and kissed me gently, and in that moment, everything felt right. Despite the challenges and the long road to recovery, I knew I had the support and love of the people who mattered most.

As we sat there, surrounded by my family and the beauty of the summer day, I felt a sense of hope and happiness that I hadn't felt in a long time. With Leah by my side, I knew I could face whatever came next.

Later in the afternoon, after spending some quality time with my family, Leah and I headed up to my room. The excitement and happiness of seeing her again were overwhelming, and I could feel the tension between us growing with every passing moment. As soon as the door closed behind us, it was like a dam burst.

Without wasting a second, Leah and I were in each other's arms, kissing passionately. It felt like we were trying to make up for all the time we'd been apart. Her lips were soft and warm against mine, and I could feel the intensity of her emotions in every touch.