regret

After dinner, the sense of peace continued to linger. As the evening went on, I found myself not wanting Leah to leave. I wanted her to stay with me, to help me hold onto this fragile sense of calm and safety.

"Leah," I said softly as we sat together on the couch, away from the rest of the family. "Would you stay the night? I don't want to be alone."

Leah looked at me, her eyes full of understanding and warmth. "Of course, Maddie. I'll stay."

I felt a wave of relief wash over me. "Thank you."

We headed upstairs to my room, and I could feel the tension leaving my body with each step. Once inside, I turned to Leah, feeling a little shy. "Can you help me get ready for bed? It's still hard with my arm."

"Of course," Leah said gently, stepping closer. She carefully helped me undress, her fingers brushing against my skin as she removed my top, leaving me in just my bra and short shorts.

"Is this okay?" Leah asked, her voice soft and full of care.

I nodded, feeling a rush of warmth at her touch. "Yes, it's okay."

Leah then undressed herself, down to her sports bra and pyjama bottoms. I watched her, feeling a mix of emotions, desire, comfort, and a deep need for her presence.

We got into bed, the sheets cool against our skin. As we settled under the covers, I turned to Leah, our faces just inches apart. Without saying a word, we leaned in and kissed. The kiss was soft at first, but it quickly deepened, our need for each other growing stronger.

Without breaking the kiss, I reached for Leah's wrist, guiding her hand to the space between my thighs. Leah pulled back slightly, her eyes searching mine.

"Are you sure, Maddie?" she asked, her voice a whisper. "I don't want to do anything you're not ready for."

I looked into her eyes, feeling the truth of my words as I spoke. "I want this, Leah. I need it."

Leah nodded, her gaze steady and full of love. "Okay."

She continued, her touch gentle and reassuring. As we moved together, the world outside my room seemed to fade away, leaving just the two of us. For that moment, everything felt right.

We lost ourselves in each other, the connection deepening with every touch, every kiss. When it was over, we lay there, holding each other close. I rested my head on Leah's shoulder, feeling her heartbeat steady and strong beneath my ear.

"Thank you," I whispered, my voice full of emotion. "For everything."

Leah kissed the top of my head, her arms wrapped around me. "I'm here for you, Maddie. Always."

As I drifted off to sleep, the warmth of Leah's embrace wrapped around me like a protective cocoon. For the first time in a long while, I felt safe. I knew the road ahead wouldn't be easy, but with Leah by my side, I felt ready to face whatever challenges came my way.

After Leah and I said goodnight and went to sleep, I managed to get some rest, feeling the comfort of her presence next to me. But when morning came, the peace of the night was shattered. I woke up feeling irritable and on edge, the familiar heaviness settling in my chest. Leah stirred beside me, her eyes opening slowly.

"Good morning," she said softly, her voice still husky with sleep.

I forced a small smile, but it felt strained. "Morning."

Leah reached out, brushing a strand of hair from my face. "How are you feeling?"

I shrugged, not trusting myself to speak. The truth was, I felt awful. My mind was a whirlwind of negative thoughts, and everything seemed overwhelming.