debut nightmare

Later that evening, I sat on the couch with Leah, feeling a mix of excitement and exhaustion from the day's events. My phone buzzed with notifications, and I decided to check social media to see the reactions to the announcement.

Opening Instagram, I was immediately greeted by a flood of posts and comments. The official Arsenal account had posted a series of pictures: me signing the contract, posing in the Arsenal shirt, and holding up the shirt with my last name and the number 11. The caption read, "Welcome to the Arsenal family, Maddie McCabe! Excited to have you join us and reunite with your sister, Katie McCabe. Let's make history together!"

As I scrolled through the images, I couldn't help but feel a pang of self-consciousness. My arm was still in a sling, a stark reminder of my recent injury. I felt like it marred the photos, making me look less ready, less capable. But I tried to push those thoughts aside and focused on the overwhelmingly positive comments.

Fans were thrilled about the news, and the excitement about the McCabe sisters playing together was palpable.

One comment read, "McCabe sisters on the same team? This is going to be epic! Welcome, Maddie! 💪❤️"

Another fan wrote, "Can't wait to see Maddie and Katie tearing up the pitch together. Arsenal just got even stronger! 🔥⚽️"

There were countless messages of support, encouragement, and excitement. It was heartwarming to see how welcoming and enthusiastic everyone was. It wasn't every day you saw sisters playing for the same team, and the fans were just as thrilled as I was.

Leah leaned over, glancing at my phone. "Wow, Maddie, look at all these comments. People are really excited about you joining Arsenal."

I forced a smile, trying to shake off my insecurities. "Yeah, it's incredible. I can't wait to get out there and play with Katie. This is going to be amazing."

Leah wrapped her arm around me, pulling me close. "You're going to do great, Maddie. The fans already love you."

Katie walked into the room, holding her phone and grinning. "Have you seen the comments? People are losing their minds over this. It's going to be so fun playing together."

"I know, right?" I replied, feeling the excitement bubble up again. "I'm so ready for this."

As we sat there, scrolling through the supportive messages and sharing our excitement, I tried to focus on the positive. The overwhelming support from the fans and my family was a reminder that I had everything I needed to succeed. My arm would heal, and soon, the sling would be a thing of the past.

The future was bright, and I was determined to make the most of every moment, both on and off the pitch. With Leah and Katie by my side, I knew we could achieve great things together. This was just the beginning, and I couldn't wait to see where this journey would take us.

The season had started, and although I couldn't play due to my arm injury, the excitement and anticipation were palpable. Sitting on the sidelines was tough, but I knew my time was coming soon. A few weeks into the season, the team doctor finally gave me the thumbs up to start playing again. My debut was set for our next match against Chelsea, one of the toughest sides in the league. I fully expected to start on the bench, easing my way back into the game.

On match day, the locker room was buzzing with energy. Jonas Eidevall walked in to announce the starting lineup, and I braced myself for a substitute role.

"Maddie McCabe, you're leading the team up front," Jonas declared, looking directly at me with a confident smile.

I was stunned but thrilled. "Thank you, Jonas. I won't let you down."