| Family Drama |

DINNER GOT LIVELIER WITH HIM AROUND

Khadija was seated between Anisa and Zaheer. Anisa stuck by her ever since she stepped her foot into this house, leaving Khadija to presume she was worried about her. Yusuf was seated opposite Khadija with Mahmoud and Jamila beside him.

Yusuf was being showered with attention with Humaira staring at him with literal hearts in her eyes, and Mama Halima staring at him with an endearing smile. He answered every question thrown his way with a laidback expression, sharing interesting stories of his experiences.

"Yusuf, you and Khadija haven't met before, have you?" Anisa placed her hand on Khadija's shoulder and Yusuf's eyes landed on Khadija whose head raised up at the question, unintentionally meeting his.

"Never got the chance to." Yusuf shook his head, feigning ignorance. Khadija masked her surprise as she took a newfound interest in her food.

"That's right you weren't there for the wedding." Anisa hummed resting her chin in her palm.

"No, I wasn't." Yusuf pondered. "Where's Jamal though, I've heard so much about him."

That's where he got Khadija.

"He's asleep but it won't be long until he wakes up." Khadija uttered for the first time ever since they started eating. Yusuf's eyes landed on her as she spoke, nodding along to what she said.

"Let's hope he likes me." Yusuf murmured.

"There are other things to worry about, trust me." Khadija let out a breath as a laugh.

"Which is?" Yusuf rested his hands on the table, indulging in the conversation appearing interested. Khadija blinked, surprised he actually asked the question as she looked towards Anisa.

"Uh, well for one, he gets really fussy and it takes a lot to calm him down." Khadija listed with her fingers, letting out an occasional laugh.

"I can handle fussy." Yusuf bobbed his head causing Khadija to raise a challenging brow.

"You haven't seen fussy," Khadija snickered.

They jumped into another conversation and seemed to really hit it off. Anisa left their conversation as she turned to her husband after feeling left out. What Khadja and Yusuf didn't notice were the two pairs of eyes on them. Zaheer on the other hand paid more attention to Khadija, more than usual. His eyes darted to her more times than he would in a whole week.

"What happened anyway?" Jamila directed her question at Anisa who tilted her head to the side in response.

"What do you mean?"

"You left pretty early last night." Jamila chided earning Faisal's attention as he averted his eyes towards her, his gaze almost judging.

"You never know her whereabouts, she's always slipping right under your nose." Faisal's words echoed around leaving an awkward trail in the air, a brief silence following after.