| Get Together |

Khalil was getting a lot better

And he started paying attention to things he normally wouldn't because he was so focused on getting his life back. They were having an outdoor session today and after their tiring session, they took a break to at leasy catch their breath before their rides came.

The session took a toll on Khalil today leaving him feeling frustrated and helpless. He felt like took a step forward only to take five steps back. He was tired of the back and forth. His patience was running out and there was nothing he could do about it. His eyes darted to Zainab seated a few feet from him.

The Airpods Pro Max was sitting on her head as usual. He tried multiple times to get her to talk to him but she turned him down every single time. He found himself growing more interested. Today wasn't the same though, something was bothering him.

His eyes lingered on the scar running up his thigh, causing him to remember the day he broke the news to Aziza and how she practically rejected him. He didn't hear from her ever since and it left a bitter taste in his mouth. There were days he woke up feeling incredibly heartbroken. He missed her. Whether it was her airy laughs or snide remarks, he found himself missing her.

He visited her instagram account finding all his pictures she had previously posted of him all taken down, but she was still active. He couldn't help but stare at the last picture she posted, remembering the days when she would forward him the pictures for him to review it. It was all over now.

His hands worked quickly tying his shoelaces, his head lowered in concentration. A pair of air force ones came into his view causing him to raise his head to glance at the person, only to find Zainab who was previously sitting in the distance standing in front of him with a paper in hand.

"Is this yours?" Her brow raised in question as she handed the piece of paper to Khalil. He furrowed his brows as his eyes ran over the contents on it.

"No, it's not." Khalil shook his head handing the paper back to her.

"Aaron told me it was yours." Zainab raised her brow, appearing conflicted.

"I guess I'll hold onto it for him then." He cut the conversation short, not really in the mood to talk. If it were any other time, he would've used this to poke at her, probably to annoy her or get some sort of reaction from her but instead, she remained quiet as she nodded stiffly turning on her heels to go back to her seat.

Zainab could sense he was having a bad day and she felt herself feeling bored. She got used to his presence and how he would try to spark up conversations and today, the roles were reversed.

"How about we try this circle -- thing?" Khalil called out causing her to pause in her steps as she turned to him.

"What?"

"I mean he is right. This awkward atmosphere will probably take a toll on our therapy because I know for a fact it's getting worse." Khalil joked as he gestured to his leg. The said girl seemed hesitant but pushed it aside as she took a seat on the bench beside his, putting a considerable distance between them.