1. THIS IS YOUR BROTHER'S HOUSE

◇◆◇◆◇◆◇◆◇

THE KITCHEN IN THE BEEF had always been a chaotic place. But that type of chaos was normal. It was comfortable. But, now, it seemed to turn into a negative chaos. Especially with Ebraheim and Tina. Both of them refusing to accept Carmy as the new boss. Which Kitty could understand. He had come there and tried to change so many things in such a short amount of time without first seeing how things worked around there. Deciding that his way was the best. Pushing everything his older brother did aside. 

Kitty was stacking the take out boxes. Trying to make things slightly easier for when they open and the lunch rush kicked in. 

"Carmen. Where is the beef?" Ebraheim questioned.

"In the oven," Carmy told him, looking over at Tina who was stacking takeout cups, "Tina, can you start a new jardinière, please, Chef?"

"I need my fennel first, Jeff," Tina responded.

"Carmen," Ebraheim called out.

"Ebraheim," Carmy nodded, walking away with Ebraheim following him.

"I need my beef..." The older man complained, the two walking out of Kitty's earshot. She didn't hear any more of their conversation until Ebraheim yelled, "Don't mess with this place!"

Kitty walked through the kitchen once she was done with the stacking. Heading toward Marcus' station to help him with making the bread. The mixer had broken months ago and since then, the pair of them had been making bread together by hand.

"Chef, no!" Carmy yelled when he spotted Tina trying to open the lid of a pot that was on the stove, "Please, please do not touch that. If this is the one time you listen to me. Please. Do not touch that. That's been going for twelve hours, okay?"

"That's my pot, Jeff," Tina stated. Looking annoyed, "Everyone knows. Isn't that right, Kitty?" She asked, spotting the younger woman nearby.

Kitty walked over, nodding her head, "It's always been Tina's pot."

Tina nodded.

"That's her pot," Ebraheim added.

"Use another pot," Carmy stated. Walking backwards, "Please, chef. All right? Corner!"

Kitty patted Tina on the back as she walked by, "Corner!" She informed the kitchen as she rounded the corner over to the bread-making station. Spotting Marcus and Carmy already standing there, talking.

"...We're not meeting dailies," Carmy explained, "Right, vendors are cutting us off. I don't have the money right this second. But I will get you a new mixer. Okay? I promise you," He patted Marcus' on the arm, before doing the same to Kitty, nodding at both of them before being called away by Ebraheim.