Chapter 28

Chapter 28

“You know her, don’t you,” I realized. I stepped closer to her forcing her to look me in the eye. “I can see that that name means something to you. How do you know her?”

Alexandria sighed. “I may have crossed paths with her a few times in the past. But that was a really long time ago. And from what I gather she hasn’t changed much over the years. Where is she keeping you and your friends captive?”

I shrugged. “I don’t know, I have only seen a few rooms, I didn’t see even a glimpse of outside so I have no clue where she’s keeping us. And since Erik is too weak to bring me back I’m stuck with you.”

Alexandria rolled her eyes. “Good to know how you feel about being around me. But don’t worry; you’ll be back in your body soon…hopefully.” I raised an eyebrow at her but she didn’t respond.

“How are we going to find out where Erik and Liz are?” I inquired staring at the cars going by, no one even glancing at us, or should I say Alexandria because I was basically invisible.

“Not sure yet,” Alexandria admitted.

“Why don’t we ask Erik’s father? That’s who he was trying to send me to in the first place so he must have had some hope that Max White could figure out how to find us.”

“Well yeah, isn’t it natural for a son to trust his father, even if his trust is misplaced? Erik looks for the best in his father and I’m sure his father telling Erik only what he wants him to know doesn’t help,” Alexandria replied dryly. “Come on, let’s keep walking.”

A few questions popped up in my head but the most important one was, “What do you mean Erik’s trust in his father is misplaced. From what I know, Max White is a strong magic user and could probably come up with something to help us.”

Alexandria laughed. “I wasn’t talking about that. That part is true. I’m just saying that there are something’s about Max White that Erik hasn’t been told about. Like for instance why he is so powerful.”

I gave her a confused look. “I don’t understand what you mean.”

“Of course you don’t. You’re not supposed to,” she told me.

I stopped walking and after a bit so did Alexandria. As she turned to me I said, “I’m getting sick and tired of being told that. It seems lately that there is so much that I’m not supposed to know, or understand. So either you tell me exactly what you mean or I’m standing here until you do. You won’t be able to leave because if you go too far I get hurt.”

Alexandria crossed her arms. “Do you really think that’ll work? What I’m not telling you doesn’t have anything to do with you. Why are you making such a big deal of this?”

A passerby gave Alexandria a worried look, as if she thought Alexandria was crazy. Alexandria met her gaze. “Can I help you?” she asked. The lady looked down and walked away quickly. Alexandria smirked and looked back at me. “Am I intimidating even when I’m not trying?”

“Don’t change the subject. I’m not moving.” I was determined to find out what she knew about Erik’s father. I couldn’t imagine what it could be.

“Fine, it’s your choice.” And with that Alexandria started walking away from me. I watched incredulously as she kept walking and the darkness started to creep into my vision.

“What are you doing?” No response. “You can’t just leave, I don’t know what will happen if you go too far away.” I winced as my headache increased in strength. I started to feel woozy and I lurched forward, unconsciously making the decision to stay near Alexandria. “Alright fine, you win,” I muttered and in an instance I felt better.