Chapter 29

Chapter 29

“Where?” I asked. Noah opened his eyes and shook his head slightly.

“Alexandria is quite familiar with the place,” he stated, his expression conveying something to her. Alexandria’s face fell as she realized what it meant.

“She’s there? But why, she has no reason to go there,” she groaned. Her fingers played with her silver bracelet nervously. I could have sworn I saw her hands shaking but when I tried to figure out for sure, she had stopped.

Noah sighed. “She’s making this personal. She wouldn’t have risked it if she hadn’t already broken the rules. And since I know that no matter what I do you will still go there, do you want to use the portal?”

Alexandria’s eyes widened as she looked up at him. “Really, are you sure about that? You’ll get in trouble. We’ll just take a taxi or something.”

Noah smiled gently. “You don’t need to protect me. Plus the trouble I’ll get into pales in comparison to how I would feel if I just let you go without offering the most I can.”

He stepped back and walked to a door that a piece of paper stuck to it. On it was written: Storage Room, Staff Only. He unlocked the door with an old fashioned key and held open the door. Inside it was pitch black, I couldn’t see anything.

Alexandria stepped forward and hugged him quickly before stepping into the room. I walked into the room too and heard Noah say, “good luck,” just before he shut the door leaving us in the dark. All I could see was Alexandria’s ring which was…glowing?

I was about to comment on it when I felt a weird sensation and then next thing I knew we were standing in front of a little, rustic looking house that looked badly in need of repairs. Its paint was peeling, the wood was almost to the point of rotting, and with one rain fall, the roof would surely be leaking.

“Where are we?” I whispered, just in case anyone could hear me. Alexandria didn’t reply, her purple eyes were stony cold, but deep down I could see a hint of nostalgia. “You’ve been here before.” That still wasn’t enough to snap her out of this. Then something occurred to me. “Why is Callista targeting me because of you? Does she have something against you that you somehow lead her to try and hurt me as to get back at you?”

Alexandria finally turned to me. “I said I’ll explain it later, alright?” I stared at her in surprise. Her reply confirmed what I had guessed in a way. Callista knew Alexandria and that had something to do with why my body was currently in the basement of this house on a deserted street. I forced myself to not think of it for now. There would be time for me to be angry and demand questions later. Right now, I needed to focus on saving Liz, Erik and myself.

Alexandria walked across the porch and tried the door. The first time she did so it was locked but the second time it opened easily. She went inside without looking back at me. There were a set of stairs going down and we immediately headed towards them. Alexandria tiptoed down, making no noise but since no one other than she could see or hear me I didn’t bother.

When we reached the bottom of the stairs there was no one around in the quite familiar basement. Alexandria listened intently, her eyes turning to the middle door as it opened. Callista stepped out of the room while she was putting her white-blonde hair into a bun. She looked surprise as she spotted Alexandria but Callista recovered rapidly and shot her a smug smile.

“Here to save your boy toy?” she asked. Alexandria looked disgusted. “I’m afraid it’s too late. He’s unresponsive. I tried to wake him, only so he could watch your demise but sometimes plans have to be changed.” So I guess she couldn’t see me. I began to inch my way to the middle room where I knew that Liz and Erik were being held. Alexandria didn’t spare me a glance.