Chapter 23

Chapter 23

“You can’t leave me here,” Liz whined. “Why does it matter that I’m hurt. All we’ll be doing is going around to stores to ask about those stupid leaves. I see no element of danger there; I’ll be just fine if I go with you. It’s not like I’ll be a burden, I can help out.”

“I’m sorry, Liz. But we all agreed on this, you’re staying here,” Erik told her adamantly. She turned to him with pleading eyes. She was used to that look working to let her get her way but this time it was just too important. She wasn’t coming. Although I was glad that she was focusing most of her attention at Erik. He could deal with it. Erik shook his head.

Liz’s eyes narrowed. I could tell she wasn’t going to just let this go. “There is three of you. You said that you’re going to be splitting up. so there will be one team of two and then one person is alone. If I went then there would be two teams of two and I could help out in case something went wrong.”

Erik’s father sighed and glanced at the clock. We were wasting time. I shrugged, Liz was stubborn. There was no telling how long she would drag this out for. If she felt that there was a chance of getting what she wanted then she would continue to fight us on this matter.

“But that’s just it. You can’t help out much while you’re grimacing every time you move,” I argued. If something happens and you’re forced to fight then you’ll be at a disadvantage. You’re in pain and whoever you’re fighting would likely be just fine. It’s not happening. Now we need to go, we’ve spent more than enough time fighting about this.”

Liz huffed in anger while glaring at me. She seemed to see that there was no point in arguing anymore and spun on her heel, heading to her room.

“Did you have to be so harsh?” Erik asked. “Now she’ll be pissed off for quite some time after we get back. We’ll probably have to deal with her silent treatment.”

I rolled my eyes. “She’ll get over and we’ll get through it. But right now, hurt feelings aren’t at the top of my things to worry about list. Plus it needed to be said.”

We went out of the house locking the door behind us, even though it probably wouldn’t do much if a supernatural creature was trying to break in. but since it seemed that people were only after me I figured that Liz would be alright with me out of the house.”

“I just think you might be displacing some of your current feelings onto her. You may feel stressed but you shouldn’t take it out on those who are trying to help you.” Erik smirked. “You should take out your on those who are trying to bring about your demise.”

I raised an eyebrow. “Okay, one, you’re talking weird and it’s making me feel weird and two, what are you, a psychologist now instead of just a magic user?”

Erik sighed. “Shut up and get in the car. He shook his head, but I could tell he wasn’t mad, just a bit amused. He got into to the passenger seat of his father’s car and I got into the back seat.

“So how are we going to split up?” Erik’s father asked. “I think since Damien’s the target then someone should go with him.”

“Now I know how Liz felt when we told her to stay back at the house,” I said leaning forward to the gap between the two front chairs. “I’ll be fine alone if you want to stay with your son.”

“Yeah, I think that feelings going around because I’m starting to feel annoyed you’re talking about me like I’m not even here,” Erik muttered.

“Oh, Erik, I didn’t even know you were here,” I joked. Erik laughed crossing his arms in an effort to look as if he was still annoyed. “So we have around four places to visit? I can take two of them, preferably without a large walking distance in between.”