29: Stray Kids: Minchan Pt.1

Over the past week, Minho had been dealing with continuous migraines, nausea, and dizziness. It was a product of his new medication, one of which he desperately wanted to stop taking, but was waiting on his doctor for the okay email.

The medication was for his depression. In this case, it was only making it worse. He didn't feel like himself. The dizziness left him stumbling around work, having to call in once or twice because he physically could not make it there. Black spots would appear in his vision, as well, causing major concerns when it came to driving.

Overall, he was left exhausted. After coming home from a long, excruciating day at work, he wanted to burst into tears. Instead, he called his boyfriend.

"Hey baby."

"Hey," Minho said lowly, slight relief coming over him as Chan's voice settled him.

"You okay?"

Minho sighs, tears slowly building in his eyes. "Not really. I'm so tired, Channie. These pills suck. They don't work at all, just make everything worse. I don't want to take them anymore. I just want to stop medication. It's so stupid. I've tried over and over again, but all of them fail me."

"I know sweetheart, I'm sorry. You shouldn't stop all together, though. It's hard, but you have to keep looking."

"I'm going to, but not right now. I just want to stop right now. No more."

"I know, but you have to," Chan persists.

"Hypocrite."

"You're doing the same thing, hypocrite."

"I'm still taking medications and actively trying. I've been through so many though. It's not like I'm going to stop forever, just for a bit. Until I'm not stressed out already."

By that, he meant school. He was taking summer classes and working two jobs. Having these side effects kill his energy like this was not ideal when he was trying to save for his new apartment for the upcoming fall semester.

"Oh, I thought you meant forever. It wouldn't be good if you stopped all medication."

"No, I'm just being dramatic. You know how I am," Minho shrugged, a bit frustrated with Chan's responses so far.

He wanted to complain. He wanted to complain and cry to his boyfriend and be dramatic because it was easier to get out that way.

"You know how I am too. I take everything literally."

Minho huffs quietly, annoyed at how Chan was ignoring Minho's problem and focusing on the way he was saying it.

"I know, but I'm upset. I just needed to express it."

"And that's okay. I just didn't realize. I take everything seriously. You know I don't do well with tones."

The phone goes silent, the two waiting for the other to speak up. Minho wanted to cry a lot more now. He was in pain, exhausted, and now emotional.

"I'm sorry," Chan breaks through, "I didn't mean to deter from what you wanted to talk about. I'm sorry."

Sometimes it felt like Minho was the only one expected to change. Like he was the one who needed to adjust to the other rather than both of them compromising. Minho had a deep understanding of people. He would give empathy while being realistic, sometimes being harsh. Chan would take too much empathy from people, anxiety severely deterring reality and people pleasing high on his priorities.

The two were polar opposites. They were still early in their relationship, having yet to mend together. At the moment, they were just clashing. They were like soap and water. They still needed time to mix properly.

"It's okay. I love you. I'm not mad at you."

"I love you, too. I'm sorry, again."

But neither of them knew how to mix. What utensil to use or technique. They were sitting there, two chemicals having yet to bond.