Chapter 3

Days had passed since I met Kyle, every now and again I'd see him mostly in the cafeteria. I learnt that Mr. 'Incredibly hot-bod' was the school's quarterback. On occasion he'd see me and smile and attempt to approach me where I'd hastily run off to avoid him. Things had begun to get back to normal except biology class of course. While I fought the urge to look at him, it was hard to focus when I could feel his eyes piercing through my back. This made me all the more eager to leave class in a rush. I had thought he wouldn't try to approach me anymore since I had made it obvious that I had no intention of talking to him, but I was deadbeat wrong. He began approaching before I even packed my bag. Great. Just fucking perfect. I had to fight hard to suppress the sigh I felt coming.
"Well hello there." He grinned and I knew he planned this.
"I'm beginning to think I'm bad for you. You've been avoiding me like I'm bad news. Don't you like me love??" He said with a mischievous smile like he just knew how irritating he was to me. I glared at him for about two more minutes before I cleared my throat and answered him.
" Um no I um I- I was uh... Busy." I knew he'd have known I was lying so I left without a moment's hesitation. I kept my eyes forward until I was halfway to my locker. Feeling he was now far away from me I looked behind me.
Seriously! Can't he just take a fucking hike. I rolled my eyes at him and crashed into a guy I knew by reputation as the school's 'bully' because of his intimidating persona.
" Watch where you're fucking going idiot!" He snapped and stared at me with such ferocity I swore I would've peed my pants. With each passing minute his stare grew more intense and I could just taste his irritation.
" Well?.... Are you fucking dumb?" He yelled by this everyone had stopped to stare. I was frozen. I stood just staring at him. His nostrils flared and I couldn't even flinch when I saw him raise his hand to hit me. I closed my eyes and heard him mutter "stupid bitch". I stood awaiting his forceful blow,when I felt nothing I saw Kyle standing beside me an angry glare on his face.
"Back off Brandon" he spoke lowly.
" This has nothing to do with you man"
" Oh it has everything... To do with me" Kyle said more fiercely. Brandon threw glances between Kyle and I and then raised his hands in surrender and left. After he was out of sight Kyle turned to look at me and smiled. "Gotta be more careful next time clumsy." I looked at him a blank expression on my face. He grimaced cleared his throat then asked. "Are you okay? What happened there" I looked at the million faces staring at me and I wished I could just disappear. As if he'd read my mind. He took my hand and lead me through the school doors to the parking lot. I wanted to protest but I just couldn't muster up the strength and a part of me wanted to get away. I've never been so embarrassed. We left the school in his black Chevrolet. I had no idea where we were going or if he was some serial killer taking me to his lair but I didn't say anything I just sat quietly and stared out the window.