Chapter 19

Very important A/N at the end please read.  Seriously its important.

Haylee

I closed my eyes and turned my head up to the sky. Kyle's hand rested on my waist from behind me where he stood. The water gushed and small waves attacked our feet as we stood on the shore. We did our last exams yesterday and now we were at the beach. The wind wrapped itself around us. Whipping my hair back and forth wildly.

We were all here at the beach. The whole crew. Somehow I had forgotten that they were even here...  I was caught up in the moment,  the serenity of having Kyle's arms wrapped about me, the cool breeze blowing over us.

"I love you" I stilled. Had I heard it right? Do I say it back?  Do I even love him? How do I know if I do or not?  I was slowly beginning to panic but then his hands gripped tighter around me and he placed a kiss on the top of my head. I relaxed for a bit but I still felt a little panicked at the situation.

I heard a scream behind us and for the first time since I'd been standing here I remembered that we weren't the only ones here. Kyle's hand loosened from around my waist as he kissed my shoulders one last time before he joined the rest of the crew.

I whipped around and went to chat with Jeyanne and Sarah. Mia was here too for some odd reason.  It puzzled me why she would even bother to show up.  She isn't usually around us, she didn't have lunch with us I mostly only saw her before first period and after school. Everyone got along well with her but as soon as I come around she gets stone cold.

"You totally should ask him." Sarah said while braiding mia's hair. She was holding a bunch of twizzlers in her left hand and kit-kat bars in her other. Huh the girl must have some sort of sweet tooth. I thought to myself.  Jeyanne pouted and then she looked up at me and her expression brightened.

"Hey Hayl do you think I should ask Eric to the senior prom? " She said it out so casually but her eyes gave away how she really felt. She was nervous and there was fear. I could tell from a long time that she had feelings for Eric but she always pretended that she didn't and spent most of our lunch time bickering with him.

"Is that what you wanna do?" I asked taking a seat beside her.

"Pfft. Nope. I just can't find anyone else to go with me on such short notice and there is absolutely no way I'm going with a nerd who's gonna mess up my image. He's like the only one available that doesn't look half bad right now. Anyway what do you think? "

"Only you can decide that hon.. But yeah, no you could definitely ask him"

She looked up at a me and for a moment I was able to see just how scared, excited and nervous she was through her eyes,  but that all changed in the next passing moment as her expression was just blank.

I wondered if I was this obvious back before I had Kyle I remembered how no one really seemed surprised when we announced we were dating...  Well they were more relieved than anything else not exactly shocked.

Did my eyes light up the way hers foes when I heard his name?  Was a nervous wreck when it came on to him? Most importantly could everyone see through me the way we could all see through Jeyanne?

Is this the way I react when Brandon is mentioned? I shocked myself with that thought why would I be thinking about Brandon I hate him don't I?  All these confusing thoughts were talking a toll on me and Kyle is beginning to realize something is up with me.

In fact that is why we are here right now. He, along with Jeyanne thought it would be a great idea if I came out. Kyle had suggested going to the park but Jeyanne wanted the beach which Kyle had initially disagreed on,  something about me getting sick but I actually love the beach so I convinced him I'd be fine.