Chapter 1.

I woke in a start at the sound of my sister Leila's murderous cry. Scared but mostly curious I secretly followed the sound downstairs. I halted at the sight before me, my throat closing around my breath causing me to struggle. My father layed lifeless at the bottom of the stairs, I saw what looked like the shoeprint of a man leading bloody trails towards the kitchen. Now instinctively you'd think I'd have followed that trail given the deafening cries for help Leila was still making came from that direction, but I didn't. I ran back upstairs to my room grabbed my bag and ducked out the window, running as fast as my nine year old feet would let me. I ran like frantic ants. My body finally gave in to weariness and I stopped at in a dark alley to rest. I felt the need to keep running but after i took my blanket out of my bag and draped it securely around my frail body, all I could think of was sleep. Not long after I fell into a deep sleep where I dreamt of my father's dead corps and the possible death of my sister who I left for dead. I woke at dawn and had a snack
Thank goodness for my weekends at grams I thought. Because of my visit father always ensured that I had a backpack filled with cash, in case I have to take the subway,clothes and light snacks for the trip. Leila had to do the same. Oh my god! Leila... I had left her there screaming in agony. I ran away from my sister when she needed my help. I felt tears welling up in my eyes but willed myself not to cry. I had to get to grandma's and I needed a clear head to do that. I made my way to grandma's before noon. When she first caught sight of me she was shocked. Then curious, maybe she was curious why I came alone. Then when I saw her peaceful features flicked to that of mere realization and pain I felt my heart break when I realized I had to explain to her why I had come and alone.
I need to tell her that her youngest child, my father, was murdered that he granddaughter might be dead.
I thought to myself. I looked in her eyes and realized I couldn't do it. I couldn't break her heart. My throat closed and before I knew I was sobbing nonstop as she swept me up into her arms. I hugged her tightly and told her everything. Later that evening I was heading to the bathroom when I saw my grams weeping as she watched the news. They said it was robbery and reported that my father was stabbed twice and shot multiple times. Nothing was said of me or Leila and I found myself disappointed and angry. I still didn't know if she alive or dead... Like you'd left her to be.

Hi lovelies :-) how are ya? I decided to update my first three chapters so yeah read and enjoy oh this is like my first time writing anything so please bear with me lol. I would really appreciate it if you vote cause that tells me you actually like the book and motivates me to keep writing. Also comment and give me your thoughts yeah I'd really love that. Anyway with that said... Enjoy :D I hope you like...
Xoxo