Chapter 5

I stepped inside feeling a bit guilty for being late and not phoning grams, I felt really naughty and my mind wouldn't give me peace about it. I kept thinking of how worried she might have been. I was about to apologize but when i came to her room i heard faint noises so I listened closer.
" It doesn't feel right Carrie... Yes I know but she still deserves to know." She paused for a moment longer then, "I understand that but I'm getting too old for all these secrets and i think if we tell her now She'll understand she's not that small yunno? She'll be starting college next year... Look all I'm saying is we should tell her... Ok well goodnight... Tell her goodnight for me." She hung up with a long stressful sigh. I stood frozen by the door not sure what to make of any this new information I just took in. What's grams hiding from me?? And what does aunt Carrie have to do with it? My sudden headache was growing by the minute so i turned around and went to my room. I slumped in bed and let my mind run like crazy over the day I've had and still tried figuring what aunt Carrie and grams were hiding from me.
I woke up screaming a couple hours later from a dream I was having about Leila. I haven't dreamt about her in years. I shook my head clear and went downstairs to watch a movie. A habit i formed years ago when I can't sleep. I was watching some lame movie when grams came downstairs to the get a midnight snack. I was mad at her but I didnt want her to know I'd eavesdropped on her "private" conversation earlier so when she spotted me and asked if I couldn't sleep again I answered without hesitation. She went off to the kitchen for some popcorn and sat next to me on the sofa. "So where were you all evening? It's not like you to be so late and without a phone call. I was worried sick" damn I forgot to tell her. "I um... I was out." She cocked her head to the side studying my face then she silently chuckled "Yes dear I am fully aware of that but maybe you'd like to tell me where you were. At that time of evening, anything could have happened to you. And you were all alone, what if-"
" but I wasn't alone" I blurted out cutting her off.
" What?"
"I was with... someone" her eyes widened a fraction and made a soft gasp before she cleared her throat and spoke " Um so y-you were with a friend? Uhh who is she?" Shit.
" Um it was.. I was uh... It was a boy." This time her eyes bulged wide and she gasped so hard i almost thought she'd choke. When she opened her mouth to speak I cut in quickly not wanting to finish this conversation "Uh grams yunno what? I do feel kinda tired now i guess I'll just go to bed now. Goodnight gramma." I stood up and yawned for effect then gave her a quick peck on the cheek before blasting upstairs. Fuck! now she thinks I have a boyfriend.

Soooo... What do you think grams Is hiding? And why the sudden dream about Leila? Please comment I wanna hear your thoughts. Ok so you may notice a few spelling issues or grammatical errors here and there... I'm not bad at English I just happen to the have the worst phone ever I mean i could be typing the word "peanut" it's gonna come out looking like "pesbyt" for real but I'll be looking for errors and making corrections so you guys can read without difficulties cuz i love you all that much.
Please continue to make me happy by clicking that cute lil star right there on the bottom of your screen... Do you see it? Yeah that star right there... Click it.. ;)
Xoxo.