Chapter 4

Oh. My. God! Can I just say that I love and appreciate you all. Thank you to all of those who read, commented and voted on my book. You really made me happy and honestly I never thought 'I'd have gotten any reads at all so I am truly grateful :-D

We drove to a small café about twenty minutes from the school. He opened my door and again took my hand, he led me to a big oak tree a good distance behind the shop. When we were under the tree he released my hand and bent to pick up a blanket safely stuffed inside an opening in the bark. He spread it on the ground and sat patting the spot beside him for me to join him. I stood looking at him for a while. He leaned his head to the side and raised an eyebrow. When I still didn't budge he chuckled and stood just inches away from me. He placed one hand on my shoulder and my skin tingled at his touch, the other on my chin forcing my eyes to his and I tried not to be lost in his amazing deep blue eyes. He gave a small smile and so softly he spoke.
" Haylee relax. It's okay, I'm not a serial killer, not a rapist and I'm not crazy either so I won't hurt you I just wanna talk." He let go of me and sat again patting the spot beside him. I allowed myself to relax a little and sit.
" Hi" he smiled.
"Hi" I returned his smile and saw his eyebrows shoot up in surprise and his smile widened.
"So... You've been avoiding me."
Oh shit! I contemplated what to say to him I was going to lie to him but when I looked at him and locked eyes with him I saw something, he seemed pained by what I've done and I wondered why.
" I'm sorry. I um I didnt think you'd be bothered." He smiled again.
"Why were you? Did I offend you?"
"Um no I- I just..." Why was I trying to avoid him? I racked my mind for a reason but could find none.
" It's okay. I understand. You're not used to it." He looked out at the view before us and for the first time I realized we were looking down on the city.
" This is where I come to think and talk ever since I was eleven. I've never told anyone about it or brought anyone here ever. I don't know why I brought you here either."
"Why are you telling me this?" He replied after a beat. Still looking over at the city.
"Because I was like you... And I wanted someone to talk to.... I still want someone to talk to. A part of me thinks deep inside you want someone to talk to too." I looked at him unable to answer and all I saw was pain and fear,fear of being alone.
"What do you mean you were like me?" I asked him my voice so low it almost sounded like a whisper. My heart ached at the amount of pain I saw marring his perfect features.
"I told you I know who you are. Ever since you started here you've kept to yourself. You eat alone in the cafeteria. You never talk to anyone you avoid public functions. You don't participate in any extracurricular activities. You never hang around you always look like you have something to do or somewhere to go. You spend alot of time at the library which is the only place you actually talk to a person and you stay till late and you hum to yourself when you have nothing to do."
"H-how do you know that? Ar-are you following me?"
"My sister works at the library I go there often and most of time I come to pick her up when she has to close. I usually get there early and wait for here the rest is just mere observation." He looked at me, brows furrowed.
"Why do you keep to yourself?"
"I don't know... I guess its better." He nodded and we stared out at the town in comfortable silence until it was late evening. He drove me home and said goodnight.

Stalker *cough talk* who said that? XP
Hello again :-) ok so I know the chapters are short but I promise I'll keep my updates really close so you dont have to worry ;).. Please make my day by clicking the star on the bottom of your screen. Enjoy
Xoxo