the all-nighter

"It is the midterm and your impending failure is but hours away," Cola sat in English, glaring at her teacher as he wasn't facing them. This was the fifth talk he'd had with them about how they were all going to fail the midterm. "Blue books. You'll notice they are blank and for many of you, they'll score higher as such than when actually written. Please sign your real name," He hands out the books. "As for the test, it will cover everything we have studied in English Literature so far and they will be worth 50% of your grade. Main points of interest: Shakespeare, Dickens, the romantics, and your favourite Beowulf," Cola internally let out a groan, banging her head on the desk. She hated that poem. "I will be hosting a study session in this classroom at 3:00. It's my recommendation that you attend, unless your parents have dedicated an east wing or two to an Ivy League institution. This is more than just an exam, people. It's your life." The bell rings and Cola quickly gets up, accidentally butting heads with Mark, who sat next to her in that class. He rubbed his head, muttering sorry, before walking out. She frowned, looking as he walked away. Pacey, who had gone over to her house after he had heard about what Mark did, came up from behind her and placed a hand on her shoulder.

"You okay, Pepsi-Cola?" He asks, with Andie standing next to him. The two weren't officially dating, but they had kissed, so something had to go from there. Cola looks up at the two, smiling softly.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine." She says, getting up and walking out of the classroom with them.

"Dear class, went home with a cold that was considerably more important than you. The test is still on for tomorrow. Study the sample questions. Until then, hardly yours, Mr.Peterson." Cola let out a groan as Andie read the note that was on Mr.Peterson's door.

"So, he bailed on his own study session? Great." Pacey said, rolling his eyes. Chris Wolfe then turns to the three friends, asking if they were interested. They furrow their brows, not knowing what he was talking about.

"Let's study at my place." He said, standing with Jen. Andie purses her lips, shaking her head.

"I was thinking about something more on the lines of a public, city library." She says, walking away, before Pacey catches up to her. Cola says yes, not having anything better to do that night.

"Woah, woah, woah, his offer does have a certain enticing quality." Pacey tells her, making her raise a brow. Cola walks back over to them, raising a brow.

"Since when have you been in such a rush to study? You haven't studied since you were in 6th grade." He glares at the girl, leaning in between their shoulders to whisper in their ears.

"Have you seen this man's house? His family is totally loaded. He's got a satellite dish." He said, making Cola laugh, before she turns to the blonde.

"Yeah, Andie, come. I said yes. If anything weird happens, I'll leave with you, since Pacey will probably be too busy ogling at his house to do anything." She said, making Andie laugh, before sighing.

"Alright, Pacey and I are in." He smiles.

"Alright, I'll drive," He says, walking in front of them before turning to Jen. "Are you coming, young lady?" He jokes around with her, making Cola raise a brow as the blonde's cheeks heat up.

"Fine, how could I resist?"

"So, Joey, what are your study plans for today?" Andie asks, walking next to Joey, with Cola on the brunette's other side. She says hi to the girls, before turning to the blonde.

"Oh, just me, my English Lit book, and a loud, crying baby."

"Good, then you can come with us. Chris Wolfe invited Pacey, Andie, and I to his house for a study session. We can't do it alone. Especially since Pacey will probably be trying to steal stuff from his house and I think Jen might like him." She notices that she tenses when she says her name.