...that is the question

Cola came home to find Pacey on her bed, watching Jerry Maguire, again. Because of what happened, Pacey got suspended for a week. Not known to her father, he had been spending his week at Cola's house, scared to go home to his father. Cola's father had noticed that he was around more often, but didn't really think anything of it. She looks at the TV, seeing Tom Cruise there, making her let out a groan.

"Gosh, he's so hot," She said, making him smile at her crush over Tom Cruise. "Anyways, Cola Daniels, personal homework courrier, has arrived. Thank God I came when I did. I would've missed my husband." She said, making him sigh.

"Cola, words can't describe how thankful I am for you for letting me stay here. When my suspension is over tomorrow, I'll be out of your hair. But, for now, I'm willing to risk you getting sick of me for invading your personal domain, because hiding out here beats the hell out of torture and death at the hands of my father back at home." He said, making Cola give him a soft smile, ruffling his hair.

"You can stay whenever you need to, Pacey. I'm just happy to have a bed to myself where I could freely move around. Anyway, why are you watching Jerry Maguire so much? Unless you have a crush on Tom Cruise, too." She says, putting her sweater in her closet.

"I've been playing it on loop all day. It speaks to my current situation as a renegade moral crusader," He then turns off the TV, turning to the girl. "So, what's new in the land of higher education?" She sits on the bed next to him, sighing.

"Pretty much the same old thing, plus or minus a few sexual identity crises." She said, shaking her head as she looked down. Logan had also been struggling. He had been trying to dress more manly, so that people wouldn't think otherwise.

"How's Jack?" He asks, almost scared to.

"Well, he seems okay. He's just trying to keep a low profile." She said, making him sigh.

"And Joey and Dawson?" She smirked at him, knowing where he was going with this.

"They're fine."

"And, uh, Andie?" Cola lets out a scoff, rolling her eyes.

"Would you just call her, you idiot?" She asks him. They haven't spoken since the night he got suspended, because they had gotten into an argument that night over what happened. Now, they're just ignoring each other. "I can't believe you let a week go by without even talking to her." She said, making him throw his head back, groaning.

"It's not that easy. Andie thinks I'm responsible for dragging another McPhee scandal into the school and I think that she was being short-sighted, selfish, and insensitive. So, right now, we're at an impasse." He said, annoyed.

"As much as I agree with you, that was last week. This week, you two are just avoiding each other," He closes his eyes, becoming annoyed. "She's hurting and you care about her, Pacey. As much as she's been annoying me, you've gotta apologise. Swallow your pride and get your girlfriend back." She said, making him let out a huff.

"I don't want to apologise to her, Cola. I stood up for something I believe in and I was right. I mean, look at my man, Jerry here. His mission statement. He took a stand." He said, turning on the TV again.

"Yeah, but he lost everything. He had to do everything in his power to get it back and he wasn't sleeping in his best friends' bed." She said, making him pout. She brings him in for a hug, giggling.

Cola walked into school the next day and saw Mark and Abby arguing. She furrowed her brows as she watched her storm away from him. She sees him run a hand through his hair, clearly stressed, so she goes up to him. She stands next to him, putting her hand on his arm.