13. Talks

"Promise me that today you'll eat"

~•~

After couple hours, John b and Emmi were still sleeping and Elio was reading his book. Then, there was a knock on the door. "DCS! I know you're in there!" 

Emmi slowly opened her eyes, still tired. She turned around to see John b. 

Suddenly, JJ jumped infront the window, making John b and Emmi jump up from being scared. 

"Gotcha, slick!" JJ said while laughing. "Shut up asshole" Emmi answered. 

"Your face was priceless" Elio looks at Emmi and laughs a little. 

~•~

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you." JJ said to John b as they and the twins were on their was to visit Lana, whose husband just died, not too long ago. 

"She's like, 'Oh, John b'" JJ moaned. "Is that what she does?" The older boys talked about other things, when Elio said to Emmi, "Can we talk now, Please?" 

"There's really nothing to talk about" She answered. 

"Please?" 

"I don't wanna talk"  

"I only want to help" 

"We can talk about you. Yea, lets talk about you" 

"Promise me that today you'll eat" 

"Sure, sure" 

"Hey!" JJ's voice interrupted their conversation. "Do you think John b blushes when Kiara talks to him?" 

"For sure!" Elio answered.
"Hell yea!" Emmi said. 

"See, even the kids think that!" 

"We are not kids!"

~•~

The four pogues arrived at Lanas house. Emmi jumped out of the car first. She stumbled a bit, putting her other hand over her forehead and with the other hand she steadied herself. 

"You okay?" Elio asked and took her hand in his. Emmi nodded, but Elio knew it wasn't the truth. He decided not to say anything now, and save the talk for later. 

"You know what this house looks like?" JJ asked. "Whoever lives here smokes too much weed" Emmi replied. 

"Maybe you two should come live here then" Elio remarked and smirked. 

from inside there were coming sounds of glass smashing and clattering. They all stopped dead in their tracks and started to listen. "Maybe we should come back" JJ suggested and the twins nodded. "It's a little too soon." Elio said and moved closer to Emmi. 

"No. no, shut up." John b said and walked closer. All kinds of insults and threats came from the house. 

John b motions them to follow him to the side of the house. 

"Still think we should stay?" JJ asked as they were now under the window. 

"The compass wasn't in the boat!" Somebody from the inside shouts. Elio looks over to Emmi with wide eyes. They had the compass. 

"Don't listen" JJ whispers to his younger siblings, and partly for himself as well. 

Something falls over their heads. "Is that paint?" Emmi asks. "Yes, its paint!" 

John b peeks around the corner and sees two men walking out of the house and on to their boat. "Those are the guys who shot at us!" 

"Go back" John b orders and they all go back. 

They move to inside the house when the men had left, John b first then JJ and the twins holding each others hand. 

"Ms. Lana?" John b asks, but doesn't get a reply. 

He sees her sitting on the floor of the bathroom. He runs over to her. "Hey, are you okay?" 

"Dude shes tweaking" JJ tries to pull John b up. "Lets call the sheriff's department" 

"No cops, please." Ms. Lana panics. 

"Thats not good" Emmi says. "Lets just go" JJ speaks. 

John b doesn't stand up and begins to ask questions.

"Does it have anything to do with this?" He asks and shows his fathers compass. "This was my fathers and Scooter had it. Why?" 

"He didn't have it, okay? Don't tell anyone you have it." 

"Please can we go?" Elio speaks for the first time in the house and tugs on John b's shirt. 

JJ tries to pull John b up, but he continues to ask questions, now in a more heated tone. 

Finally John b stands up and they walk back to the car and drive away. 

Didn't have the energy to write any longer, sorry

Thank you for reading ♥️