15. killing time

"Too many bid words"

~•~

After the home invasion situation they had, the pogues were on their way to the lighthouse. 

"I mean its obvious, right? A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to me, right?" John b said. Kiara hesitantly agreed with him. 

"It could be also possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, you know. Deal with your sad feelings" Pope said, and the twins silently agreed with him. They really didn't believe that big John would be out there somewhere, but it was sad to see John b believing, since there was a high possibility of him not coming back. 

"You know how I process my sad feelings?" JJ asked. He was about to continue, but John b cut him off. "I'm not concocting, okay? My dad's trying to give me a message." 

"If it helps you believe" Kiara comforted him from the passenger seat. 

John b gave a talk about not knowing what it feels like to have a person close to you vanish, but little did he know, the twins did. And JJ too. 

Their mother left them almost right after Emmi and Elio were born, and Luke doesn't forget to blame them every time they unfortunately see each other. They didn't know why their mother left, she didn't give any information, didn't even leave a note. The twins never knew her, only little from the stories their father would tell about her while being drunk. Even JJ didn't remember her well. 

"It's been almost a year" Kiara said in a comforting tone.

"He could have been kidnapped" Emmi told him. "That's definitely a possibility" Elio said. 

Pope and JJ gave their input on this topic and Kiara gave all of them a look. "What do you think the message is?" 

"Redfield"

~•~

John b parked the Twinkie and they all got out of the car. "You two are gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?" He said pointing at Emmi and JJ. "Why us?" They both asked at the same time. 

"Because neither of you are coming." Pope said.

"Why?" Emmi asked once again, still not understanding the situation. 

"There are independent and dependent variables" Pope explained. 

"Too many bid words" Emmi sighed. 

Pope and JJ began arguing, and Elio just shook his head. JJ and Emmi weren't right for this mission, even he knew that.

"Listen to me for a second!" John b yelled. Pope and Elio, you stand look out with JJ and Emmi, okay? If we get split up, we meet back at the Maybank's house." 

"Great" Kiara agreed and she and John b walked inside the lighthouse. 

"I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay, and I'm trying to keep felonies to a minimum." Pope said and walked over to the car. "Can I help? Or at least look at what you write" Elio came over to Pope and asked a little shyly. "Of course" Pope agreed almost instantly, and they began working on that. 

"You wanna know a secret?" Emmi asked JJ as they were throwing a superball to each other. 

"Well of course I do!" JJ said and went to sit by a tree. 

Emmi sat next to him. "John b was flirting with Sarah Cameron earlier today" She smirked. 

"Really? Well, did she flirt back?" JJ was curious. "Yea, she was all like 'your secret is safe with me,John b' "Emmi mimicked Sarah. 

"Isn't she dating that douchebag Topper?" 

"Yea, but I really don't get it"

"Me neither doll, me neither."

After a while, Pope and Elio had joined Emmi and JJ outside. They were kicking the ball when they heard sirens and saw a police car driving towards them. 

They all ran to the car, the twins jumping to the backseat. JJ drove away, not even thinking about waiting Kiara and John b. 

"Shouldn't we wait for them?" Elio asked and look back at the lighthouse. "Not when the cops are here" 

They dropped Pope of at his house, and the three Maybanks continued driving. "I need something from the house, so we're going to stop there. But don't worry, he isn't home tonight" JJ stated and pulled up to their 'home'. 

They got out of the car and went inside to their own rooms. "Did you need something?" Emmi asked Elio inside their room. "Not really almost all my stuff is at John b's"

"Same, but look what i got the other day" Emmi opened a drawer and pulled out two identical sunglasses. "One's for you and one's for me, put it on" 

Elio put the sunglasses on his head and looked at his reflection on the broken mirror. "I look ridiculous" 

"Not any more than me" She replied and put on her own. 

"Are you guys ready?" JJ opened their door. "Cool glasses by the way" 

"Yea we are" Elio answered and they left the house. 

I am so sorry I didn't write this sooner, I just didn't have the time I'm do sorry.

The next chapter shouldn't take long.

What are you thinking about this so far? I don't know if I should change some things or not, so please comment!

Thank you for reading ♥️