Chapter Three

Chapter Three 

"Oh, I am just a kid, I never use my brain, only my heart." 

"I spent the summer devising a whole new Quidditch program." Oliver Wood starts as the Gryffindor Team walks down the corridor in the direction of the flying grounds. "We're gonna train earlier, harder, and longer. Wha– I don't believe it."

"Where do you think you're going, Flint? Where's Prior?" Wood asks, and Flint looks back at the team, and back at Oliver, almost remorsefully.

"He's out sick. We got a note," Flint tells Wood – unconvincingly – who's passed the piece of folded up parchment. Wood unfolds it, and examines it – while the Gryffindor team gathers around to examine it for any signs of forgery.

"I, Professor Severus Snape, hereby give the Slytherin Quidditch Team permission to practice today, owing to the need to train their new Seeker and Captain." Wood exhales at the end. "You've got a new Seeker? Who?" The team parts, and watch as Draco Malfoy takes a step forward – August and Meissa are nowhere in sight – they must've quit.

"Malfoy?" Harry asks in disbelief.

"That's right. And that's not all that's new this year." Malfoy speaks, readjusting his grasp on the Quidditch broomstick handle. Harry looks down, and back up at the group of Slytherins.

"Those are Nimbus 2001's. How did you get those?" Ron asks from nearby. Rue suspected August and his friends' presumptions were correct. He bought his way in. She looks to Oliver Wood, who is trying to conceal his laughter at the thought – but also hide a pent up rage bubbling inside of him. It was like whiplash – he was going through the five stages of grief.

"A gift from Draco's father," Flint responds, looking over at the trio who stood off to the side.

"You see, Weasley, unlike some, my father can afford the best." Malfoy laughs. Rue tucks her hands into her pockets, rocking back and forth as she watches the scene play out – coughing out a sardonic laugh.

"At least no one on the Gryffindor Team had to use daddy's money to buy their way in." She responds, and Malfoy looks at her, shocked at the words that came out of the werewolf's mouth – hoarseness, tiredness and all.

"They got in on pure talent," she continues with a shrug of the shoulders, as Fred and George grin at each other. Oliver Wood is simply smiling – more calm at the sound of her reassurance, and their Chasers are hiding their laughter.

"No one asked your opinion, you filthy little Mutt." Malfoy barks back, and there's gasps throughout the group as their smiles drop to looks of confusion.

"You'll pay for that one, Malfoy! Eat slugs!" Ron exclaims, and they watch as Ron pulls his wand from his robes, and attempts to fire a spell at Malfoy to cause him to vomit slugs. Unfortunately – with the state of his wand – it repels and sends it back to him in an explosion, and he is flipped over onto the grass. Rue sends Malfoy a glare, and runs over to Ron with Hermione and the Gryffindor Quidditch Team.

"You okay, Ron?" Rue asks, as Ron sits up and turns over in the grass – upchucking a slug that makes the team cringe in disgust. A camera flash goes off, and Harry is shoving Colin Creevey away as Rue hoists Ron up and one of his arms over her shoulders with the help of Hermione and Harry. The two of them take him back to Hagrid's Hut – pausing every few steps so he can vomit a slug and Rue can apologize profusely. She stopped after a while, just rubbing his back and allowing him to be sick over the grass and steps.

"Hagrid!" She calls out, knocking frantically on the door. It opens, and Ruth – known to most of the quartet as Madam Lawrence – and Hagrid allow them to enter.