Chapter Five

Chapter Five 

"But he is a liar, I'll believe it all." 

Rue and Harry watch as the group of third years left for Hogsmeade, and Rue looks to the boy who is sitting in the courtyard with Arden Jones and Meissa Lestrange, building a snowman and chatting away as he smokes a cigarette. Rue coaxes Harry out into the snowfall, and Harry furrows his eyebrows, though he ducks underneath his invisibility cloak and follows her halfway through the snow.

"Hello, Rue. Hello, Harry." August greets, and Arden shushes him, throwing snow at him as Meissa tugs the trio along. Rue follows them, and Harry's footprints in the snow can be seen as they walk towards the inner stairwell of the clocktower, just outside the courtyard. "Clever, Harry. But not clever enough." He tells the boy, yanking the invisibility cloak off his head. Arden laughs, a thing she seemed to do a lot around August, and Meissa rolls her eyes as she focuses back on Harry.

"What are you doing? I'm trying to-"

"Get to Hogsmeade," Rue tells him, before looking back at August, who grins and wiggles his eyebrows. She sighs, and pulls something out of her pocket - a packet of fudge that her mother had made for her full moons, and one that August was particularly looking forward to.

"That's it? You're giving it away for a packet of fudge?" Meissa asks, gesturing to the fudge and whacking August on the arm.

"Do you know who Moony and Fox are?" Meissa shakes her head, before pausing as her eyes widen. "Good, now pipe down." She nods her head, and August takes the fudge, passing her the old parchment that was folded in his pocket, for the treacle fudge. He opens the packet, and takes a piece out, stuffing it into his mouth as he nods his head towards the parchment.

"What's this rubbish?" Harry asks, as Rue takes out her wand.

"I solemnly swear I am up to no good," Rue whispers, and a print of a magically drawn map begins to appear on the piece of parchment. "Woah," Harry mumbles, and August and Meissa both give knowing looks, while Arden watches from where she's wrapped in August's arms – fascinated and eating a piece of treacle fudge.

"What is this, again?" Arden asks.

"The Marauders Map," Rue explains. "Something our parents and their friends made back in school," she explained. "It shows the location of anyone in the castle. Anytime, any place, any hour, any minute, of any second. These footprints with the names of people are actually the people in the castle, and it leads all the way up to the edge of Hogsmeade. It's enchanted," she explains, noticing their incredulous stares. "My parents told me stories."

"You're full of secrets, Lupin." August grins.

"I know," she mumbles, looking back at the map. "When you're done with it Harry, just say Mischief Managed, otherwise anyone can read it. Your father helped create it, so I'm trusting you to take care of it. I've already memorized all the passageways." Harry nods his head, swallowing nervously. "And do not forget to say Mischief Managed," she warns, pointing at him seriously with her index finger, and he nods his head.

"I won't," he reassures, placing a hand on her shoulder. "Thank you for this. Seriously, all of you." Meissa does a two finger salute, and August grins at them both, in the midst of unwrapping another treacle fudge, and Arden just gives a thumbs up. Rue nods her head, shrugging her shoulders. "How did you find this?" He asked.

"I picked it up from Filch's office with the twins, I was in my second year, they were in their first. Best day ever, our whole lives changed. We became best friends after that, we met Lestrange a little while later, then Miss. Jones over here." He explained, nodding his head towards the blonde, who is smiling at the two next to her, as he sways him and Arden back and forth, kissing her on the lips as she giggles.