Chapter Two

Chapter Two

"Don't touch me, I'm a real live wire." 

"10:58 – Come on," Arthur calls out, as the group of witches and wizards bustle through King's Cross Station, in hopes of getting onto the Platform.

"The train will be leaving any moment." Molly tells them.

"Fred, George, Percy, Gus, Arden – You first." Arthur tells them, and the group of said-wizards and Muggle-born witch run through the wall between platforms nine and ten. Remus goes next with Rue and Helena, followed by Ginny – then Arthur and Molly.

"Come on, Ginny. We'll get you a seat. Hurry–" Molly ushers her forward, and Arthur follows. August and Arden are flagging down Rue and Ginny in the distance – though Rue's eyes are scanning the crowd for Harry and Ron, or even Hermione or Neville.

"Want to go find our friends til they come 'round?" August offers, and Rue shrugs her shoulders, though she nods her head and follows after August, who is holding the pale hands of Arden Jones. Molly drops Ginny off with them — and Ginny kisses her mother on the cheek. August does the same to Molly, who embraces both him and his girlfriend, and then Rue.

"Be good, will you? And look out for Ginny?" She asks, and August nods his head. He coaxes them down the corridor, where they poke their heads into a few compartments along the way.

"Looking for someone?" A raspy voice calls out. August lets out a breath of relief, and the tanned, blonde witch smiles brightly. She was muscular, and curvy, and Rue recognized her as one of the overly massive Quidditch fans – the same girl Neville had a fright with on the train back in first-year – the Bulgarian witch – and August Prior and the Weasley Twins' friend. Rue didn't doubt she would be trying out for Quidditch this year.

"This is Meissa. Meet Ruelle Lupin and Ginny Weasley." Arden introduces them, and Meissa smiles, moving aside so they can enter the compartment. Inside, is Oliver Wood and Angelina Johnson.

"You're friends with Gryffindor?" Ginny asks, shocked.

"Yeah. Don't be so surprised, first year." Meissa teases, sitting down next to Wood – her Bulgarian accent raspy and thick, as she pushes back a strand of hair – Wood watches her, entertained and amused. "We have a Quidditch bet going, if you're interested. Mainly injuries – Captains and players aren't allowed to bet on teams, but they can guess."

"Don't sound so disappointed – for starters, you still have to try out," Wood's Irish accent started. "And you made the rules, remember?" He laughs, and she smiles over at him, nodding her head.

"I'll bet that Draco tries to buy his way into Slytherin," Arden mutters, placing herself on August's lap, where he sat next to Meissa and Oliver. Rue laughs, and sits across from the couple and two friends, next to Ginny, who sat next to Angelina.

"Has it happened yet?" The redhead asks, and August, with his arms laced casually around Arden's waist and back, as if he were ready to cast every defensive spell in the book for her – shakes his head, smiling kindly.

"Nope, but Malfoy's father hinted at it on the Platform. Came up to me and Wood." He rolls his eyes, expression turning sour, and Oliver snorts so loud they all burst into laughter. "I mean, I'll give him a tryout – But that's about it."

"That's rough. Won't help him improve his flying at all?" Rue asks, and they look at her incredulously. August considers it momentarily.

"He's a bit of a prick..." He trails off.

"But, you do need a Seeker." Meissa considers. "But it'd upset your little friend with the scar, yeah?" She looks over at Rue and Ginny, who nod their heads. They look back to August, who sighs.