Chapter One

Chapter One

"Look at the stars, look at how they shine for you

"Look at the stars, look at how they shine for you." 

"Mum!" Ginny called from downstairs, hanging over the banister of the Burrow from the lower levels, in search of her mother – Molly Weasley. Molly looks down at her, poking her head out with a hint of love and irritation – it was a confusing expression – though one that she usually wore when there was shouting in the middle of the night.

"Ginny, what is it?" Molly asked, looking over the bannister with a sigh, and Ginny looks annoyed at her tone of voice, as she gestures behind her. Sirius watches from the kitchen, talking quietly with William Potter in a low voice over a mug of tea.

"I was only wondering when Harry got here," Ginny spoke from downstairs of the Burrow. Rue peered over the bannister, and then a tired Ron from behind her. Sirius perks up – surely his godson couldn't be here right now, right? William looks equally as perplexed, and limps over to examine the belongings. He looks back at Sirius, nodding his head as he limps to the front door of the Burrow, cane in hand.

"What? Harry? Harry who?" Molly asks again, as she stares down at her daughter in confusion – voicing the same attitude as she takes a few steps down towards Ginny, moving around the bannister.

"Harry Potter, of course." Ginny answers.

"I think I'd know if Harry Potter was in my house, wouldn't I?" Molly states.

"Harry's here?" Ron repeats, looking up from where he was placing a kiss on Rue's shoulder, as his mum makes her way down the steps to Ginny. There was a screech of a familiar owl, and Rue looked at Ginny, "was that Hedwig?" Rue asks, equally as confused.

"His trunk's in the sitting area, and his owl." Ginny exclaims, looking at Molly.

"No, dear, I seriously doubt that." Molly insists.

"No, it's down here–" Sirius calls from the kitchen, where he was sipping his mug of tea. Ruth pokes her head around from the bannister upstairs, and looks at him as he's looking up at her and Molly.

"You couldn't have mentioned that ages ago, Padfoot?" Ruth demands. "Well, go out and look for him, you idiot." She scolds, and he sighs, setting down his mug of tea as he exits the Burrow.

"Harry!" Sirius calls, and Remus and Helena, who are on the porch looking at wedding fliers, look over at him. "Is Harry here?" She asks, confused as she stands, but Remus pulls her back down as he stands.

"Moony, help me with this–" Sirius looks at him pathetically, and they go out into the long grass and begin to call for Harry's name. Finally, he appears at the edge of the clearing, and runs into Sirius and Remus' arms.

"Remus, Sirius!" He exclaims, embracing them both.

"One day... One day..." Sirius mutters as he guides them back to the house. "One day, you will be the death of us all, Harry Potter." Sirius sighs, as he guides Harry into the Burrow. "How was it with Horace, then? I hope it went well?" He asks, looking down at his godson, who nods his head, wrapped in his godfather's embrace.