chapter 9: this isnt goodbye its simply see you later

Chars pov:

Today was the day I was dreading. Mia is leaving to go to Thailand for a week or so because she had some business to sort out. The alarm went off at 4 am so that I could take her to the airport.

I wake her up and give her a morning coffee and a few cuddles and kisses. Even though she's only leaving for a few days, I'm really going to miss these moments with my amazing girlfriend.

We Finnish our coffee's and run upstairs to get changed. I throw on one of mias jumpers and a pair of jeans because I had to be at work for 7. Mia wears one of my hoodies and a pair of shorts. That woman could wear a bin bag, and she would still look absolutely stunning.

Once we are both ready, we get in the car and start our 1 hour drive to the airport. We put on our shared playlist to listen to while we drive because the silence is deathning. Our favorite song, sweater weather comes on and mia starts screaming it out loud. I pull my phone out to record her surprisingly, she doesn't notice.

We manage to get to the airport within 45 minutes it was quite early so there was no traffic. A part of me was really hoping there would be traffic so that she missed her flight and she would have to stay here with me forever but I knew that wasn't likely and even if it did happen she would just get the next flight out.

Before she goes through security, I take her to get a Gregg's since we didn't have breakfast at home. I had a sausage roll and a coffee and mia had a cheese and bean pasty with a caramel iced coffee.

Mias flight was in 2 hours so she had to go to security. I gave her a kiss and a cuddle before she went I don't know how but I didn't cry. I was really going to miss my girl.

Two hours later.

It was now almost 7 am and I was making my way over to the nursery. Before making my way over I ring carly to see if she wants picking up. She tells me that reece is going to get her but thanks me anyways. I need to tell carly about me and mia but carly hates mia after everything she's done. I don't blame her but mia has changed and she is a much better person then what she once was.

I arrive at the Knight nursery and go to marjories office for a chat with her. She tells me that I'm needed in the baby room for today. I normally work In the pre school room but if I'm in the baby room I will be with carly so it's not all bad.

I make my way over to the pre school room and I give carly some new pods for her air up bottle. I gave her cherry cola and Strawberry raspberry lemon.  I decided that I'll tell carly about me and mia when it's our lunch break since I didn't know how she would react to it.

The morning work was really hard to get through, all I could think about was mia. I missed her so much even though we had only been apart for a few hours. She's on a 10 hour flight meaning that she won't be able to ring or message me untill I Finnish work.

The lunch break comes around quite fast. Me and carly decided to sit in the office with marjorie and reece because autumn wasn't in work today. Once we get in I tell carly to go sit down with reece. Marjorie gives me a knowing look. She knows exactly what I'm about to tell carly. She looks really worried but I think she will be okay with it.

I tell carly that me and mia are in a relationship and living together. The first thing she asked was where is she now. I tell her that she has some business to sort out over in Thailand. She could see the sadness in my face and she comes over and gives me a big hug.

"What was that for carly?" I asked her. "You look upset about it, char." She wasn't wrong but to be honest I didn't think she would notice how much it killed me knowing that my girlfriend was going to be away from me. This was the longest we have been apart since the night she found me at the bar.

I couldn't help but cry. Marjorie tells reece to go cover for me in the baby room with carly so that I can stay in the office with marjorie for the last 6 hours. Carly didn't seem to mind too much and I was more then happy to stay in the office with marjorie.

We started talking about our lives and what not but we got interrupted by an angry parent coming in. He said that the fees were too high and that they deserve a discount because their kids bring in their own meals.  I tell them that they can't have a fee increase marjorie can see that I'm getting quite frustrated and she sends the parent to Agatha because she can deal with angry parents. She's basically an autumn 2.0 I love her for it she's so iconic.

The angry parent leaves and so does marjorie so she can go get us both an iced coffee and go to the toilet.

When she gets back she tells me that she wants to go to the bar after work so she can talk to me without reece around. This worries me slightly but it can't be that bad? I'm sure they will be okay.

A/N this one's quite short but yeah next part will be out later today xx