chapter 20: road to recovery

Chars pov:

"Mia, what happened while you were with Roger? I was so worried about you." I asked mia while running my fingers through her red silky hair.

She sat up and pulled me into the bedroom. Strange.

She told me to sit on the bed and she said beside me. She looked like she was about to cry.

She told me that when she was younger, her dad left with reece and Autumn's mum, which I already knew about. I also knew mia was still hoping she could find him one day. Even though she was back here permanently, I could tell she desperately wanted to go back on the hunt.

She also said that Roger used her for years and that he was abusing her and taking advantage of her. My heart shattered. I felt so bad for my girl, especially since she had to go through all of this alone. There's not much I can do but be there for her.

"Char baby, don't get mad, but my coping methods weren't exactly ideal, and I don't want you to think less of me."

How could she even think that? She is my forever person, and nothing could make me think of her differently.

"Amelia, you know I love you more than anything in the world, and nothing could make me think of you differently. Come on, let's get you bathed while the girls are asleep."

I help her get undressed, and that's when I see all of her cuts, scars, and bruises.

I look up into her eyes, and she looks back at me. I can tell that she's on the verge of tears. I am too, but I have to stay strong for her.

I leave mia on the bed alone, and I check in on the girls. They are both asleep in the same bed, which made my heart feel full.

I quietly went downstairs to grab my lady a drink, some plasters, a bandage, and some baby wipes to help with her cuts and bruises.

I walk back upstairs to mia, and she's crying.

I pull my girl into a hug and tell her that I love her more than anything in the world. She hugs me back, and once she pulls away, I take her to the bathroom.

The bath was ready for her, so I sat her down in it.

"I'm sorry baby, but this is going to hurt." I warn.

I grab one of the baby wipes and start to clean her cuts gently. She yelps in pain, but it had to be done.

"I'm sorry shhhhh your okay, princess,  I'm here it's done. You did such a good job. I am so proud of you."

"I'm okay, sweetheart, thank you for helping me, but. I'm sorry you had to see me like this. You deserve better."

"AMELIA ROBERTS. Don't ever say that again. You are my forever person,  we deserve each other. I love you, the girls love you and I would say marjoeie loves you but that might be pushing it a bit."

We both giggle and look into eachothers eyes. I know she's my forever person she means the world to me.

"Come on, princess, amelia, we better get you out of the bath and into some clean pj's."

I sit her on the bed once again, and I get the bandages and carefully wrap them around her arm where she had the most cuts.

"I'm so proud of you, princess. Thank you for telling me."

Mia smiled and leaned in to give me a kiss. I kiss her back before continuing to help her out.

I get plasters for the cuts that are on her thighs and I'm careful to not out them near the bruises as pressure would probably make them feel worse and I don't want my baby to be in any more pain then what she already is in.

Once she is cleaned and bandaged, I go towards the drawers and pick her out some shorts and a vest top so that nothing touches her bruises.

I put them on her very carefully and give her a kiss to say, "Well done." Once mia is sorted, I decide to sleep in one of mias oversized hoodies and a pair of her shorts.

Mia climbs into bed and puts on bridgerton while I check on the girls one more time before joining mia. The girls are still sound asleep in the exact same position as they were the first time I checked. I know they are going to be okay, so I head back to mia.

I climb in bed with her, and she climbs on top of me. I'm careful about where I touch her as I don't want to hurt her anymore.

She falls asleep in my chest. Normally, it's me falling asleep on her chest. Who can blame me? She's comfy, and it just feels nice.

About 20 minutes after mia falls asleep, I decide that I should get some sleep too.

4 hours later:

It was 2am, and i got a phone call. Who the fucks calling at 2am? The phone call wakes up mia and she tells me to answer it. We both sit up and our hearts are in our chest.

The minute we answer we hear a unfamiliar voice say the words...

"She's dead."