chapter 10: marjorie

Charlotte's pov:

After work I go back to marjories office and we head out to her car. I strap myself into her passenger seat, and we make our way to the bar. It has been a while since me and marjorie have had a day where it was just the two of us, and to be honest, I was quite looking forward to it.

We arrive at the bar and we order two wines. We take a seat next to the window so that we can watch the sunset later on.

Me and marjorie start talking about her relationships. She tells me that she had been struggling with reece recently. He has started zoning out and going ages without talking. She tried comforting him, but every time she tried, he would smack her away.

She tells me that it doesn't physically hurt her, but mentally, it kills her. She struggles a lot with the thought of reece struggling, but it takes a lot of effort for him to open up about his feelings.

She doesn't know what to do about him. She obviously doesn't want to leave him, and I don't want her to leave him either because this is the happiest I have ever seen, marjorie. Reece has helped her more than he will ever know, but I can't help but feel sorry for them both.

I know for a fact that reece isn't an abusive guy, but after living with Roger for most of his life, I'm not surprised that he has picked up this kind of behavior. Roger doesn't have a loving bone inside of him. Although I haven't really had a proper conversation with Roger, I know that he isn't exactly a loving father or partner. He reminds me of Mike to be truthly honest.

I tell marjorie that I will be more than happy to offer him some therapy lessons.

"Oh, char, you really don't have to do that."

I tell her that I would be more than happy to help reece out. Marjorie also tells me that reece has never said I love you. They have been dating almost a year, and he has never said it. Marjorie says it to him all of the time, but there's something stopping him from saying it.

Marj starts crying thinking that she has done something wrong in the relationship but I tell her that she's doing absolutely fine and I go over to her, hug her and reassure her by telling her that she is a good person and reece does love her but there is something stopping him from saying It.

She thanks me for everything and goes back to the bar to order us 2 more wines.

While she's gone, I decide to message reece and let him know that I will bring dropping by his nursery tomorrow after work for a private chat.

The messages:

Char: Hey, reece, everything okay? Tomorrow, I'm going to drop by your nursery because there's something I want to talk to you about.

Reece: Hey, char, I'm okay? Are you having a nice time with marjorie? Don't let her get too drunk, lol. Okay, I'll see you tomorrow after work.

Char: lol, she will be okay. I won't let her have too many more wines. I know what she can be like when she's drunk 😂 I'll see you tomorrow.

Reece: Thanks, char!!

Marjorie arrives back at the table just as I'm putting my phone down. I tell her that I'm going to be dropping by reeces Nursery after my shift tomorrow, so if he's home late, then she shouldn't be surprised.

"Thank you, Char, for everything. You know you can come back to mine with me after this drink if you fancy?"

"No, thank you, marjorie. I need to drop by my mum's and pick up the girls. I haven't seen them since the night of the incident."

We only stayed out for two drinks, but the time was already 9 pm, and I wanted to get the girls from my mum before it was too late.

Marjorie drops me off at the nursery so that I can get my car and return to my mum's. Before I get in my car, I give marjorie a hug and tell her that everything is going to be okay and I'm going to be here for her no matter what.

She hugs me back even tighter and thanks me for everything. I pull away and get in my car so that I can start making my way to my mum's. I call her and ask if the girls are both awake. She tells me that they are, and they are more than ready to see me.

I arrive at my mum's and park my car on her drive way. I walk up to the front door, and I'm greeted by a very emotional Lilly.

"Baby, what's wrong?? Are you okay, my sweet girl?"

"Mummy, I'm worried about you. Please don't go home."

I tell her that I have some stuff at mias house for her and ellie to wear and we're going to be staying there until she returns home from Thailand we will then start looking for a new house for all of us to move I to so that Mike doesn't know where we are.

I give my mum a hug and go upstairs to wake up my very moody ellie. I carry her out to the car with help from my mum, and off we go back to mias.

Back at mias House:

When we get to mias I carry ellie out of the car and Lilly follows behind me. I put ellie In mias bed with me. Since she is already In her pj's I just leave her as she is.

I tell Lilly to follow me into the bathroom and start her a nice warm bubble bath. Once it's run sheclimbs in and asks if I will wash her hair for her. I thought she would never ask me to do this for her again so of course I say yes. Once she's clean and her hairs washed I help her get out of the bath and put her hair in two French braids so that she can leave it wet and it can be curly in the morning.

Lilly makes her way over to mias spare bedroom and puts herself into the Mickey mouse pj's that I had packed for her. I give her a kiss goodnight and make my way back over to mias room and climb in bed with ellie.

Before I go to sleep I message mia.

Messages between mia and char:

Char: I have the girls and we are all at your house settled. Lilly has just climbed into the spare bedroom and ellie is asleep in your bed with me. I wish you was here with us. I miss you so much

Mia: I'm glad your happy sweetheart. I'll be back with you soon. Get a goodnight sleep and I will call you tommorow.

Char: make sure you get some sleep too. I can't wait to hear your voice again.

Mia: such a needy girl. Wouldn't have you any other way 🖤💋

With that I end up falling straight asleep.

The next morning:

We all get up around 6.30 and we head downstairs so that i can make the girls some pancakes before they go to school. I decide I'm not hungry and will eat later on in the day.

Once the girls finished there breakfast I head off upstairs to get changed. I throw on one of mias summer dresses so that I have her smell for the day. I miss her so much.

When we were all ready, we leave the house and head for the car. I drop both the Girls off at school then I drive to work.

The day went by quite fast and it was now time to make my way over to the sister nursery so that I could talk to reeec... I have no idea how this was going to go but I'm sure it will be worth it.. right??

A/N next part will be out soon. No idea when lol.