chapter 2: the bar

“Hello sweetheart”

Charlotte's pov: 

I turn around and I see mia?? But what is she doing here? Did Reece tell her that I was here? If so, why did she come? I had so many questions. I think she could tell that I was getting nervous because she came and sat down next to me. She asked if I was okay. I didn't know what to say to her. I think she knew something was wrong, though. I couldn't help but cry looking at her. 

Mias pov:

I asked Char if she was okay because she would never come to a bar on a school night she looks at me and starts crying she then starts telling me that her husband kicked her out of her house and she didn't have anywhere to go I felt so bad for the young girl I didn't really know what to do so I just wrapped my arms around her and pullee her in for a big hug. I didn't pull away until she did. “Why are you helping me, mia? You hardly know me.” Them words made me feel so nervous. Did I go too far? “Char. I just like you.” Her eyes light up brighter than 1000 stars in the galaxy. I felt a feeling of warmth go down my spine.

Charlotte's pov:

I tell mia everything I felt so much weight went off my shoulder. I even told her about what had happened with marjorie in the office a few hours ago. I could tell it broke her heart. “Sweetheart, you're more than welcome to come back to mine tonight if you wanted.” I told her I would be okay on my own, but she insisted, so I agreed to go back to hers with her. “Thank you so much mia this means so much to me after everything that had happened. I really thought I would have nobody to talk to, but I'm so glad you're here.” 

Mias pov:

“It's okay, sweetheart.” I didn't want her roaming the streets alone this late, especially not if she had nowhere to go. I was more then happy to help her out this girl has my heart but after coming out of a long relationship with her ex husband I have a feeling she won't want things to move so fast between us. 

Charlotte's pov:

Mia asked the dreaded question. She asked why we got divorced. I told her that he wasn't a nice guy and he would say stuff to me that really hurt. It wasn't a lie it just wasn't the whole truth, but I know that if I told mia what was really going on, then she would probably go all phsyco cray cray mia. 

Mias pov: 

I have a feeling that Charlotte is hiding something from me. I just have no idea what it could be. I asked her who the house belonged to. She took a long pause, and she said that she paid for everything, but when she caught him cheating, he kicked her out and left her with nowhere to go. “Wait so let me get this straight. He kicked you out of your house because HE CHEATED.” Charlotte went silent. That was all i needed to hear. I decided that for now, I was just going to call a taxi to take us back to mine, but after work tomorrow, we are going to be taking a quick pit stop at HER house.

Authors note: Sorry, this one's quite short, but part 3 will be out soon xx