chapter 11: reeces therapy

Chars pov:

After work, I call my mum to make sure that she has the girls and that they are okay. I do feel bad that she's always the one watching them buy its hard being a mum to two young ish girls with no dad to support me. She tells me that they are watching a film together and they just ordered a pizza. I'm so glad that I have a mum as amazing as her.

After the phone call with my mum, I make my way over to the sister nursery so I can go see reece. I tell him that marjorie has told me about some of the problems that he is facing recently and if he needs anyone to talk to I'm free today and I'm partial to a box of chocolates preferably galaxy of course.

"Oh uhm okay char I'll close the nursery now and I suppose we can go to your place and talk?"

With that, we make my way over to my place. I know it's not safe there at the moment because Mike could return at any given moment and who knows what he would do but reeve despises men like him so he would be there If anything was to go wrong.

We make the 15-minute drive from the sister nursery back to my place. Once we arrive at mine, I tell him to make himself comfortable on my couch. He does exactly that, and I go grab him and myself a glass of ice-cold water.

I place both glasses on the table, and we get to talking.

"Okay, reece, so the first thing I want to discuss with you is the reason why you can't say i love you to marjorie."

He says that he can't say it. Well, obviously, I know that. "Why can't you tell her reece?" I ask Suttly.

"Char. The last person I ever said I love you to was my mum, and she left me and autumn. With my monster of a father. I'm scared that if I say it to Marjorie, she will end up leaving me too."

I comfort reece and tell him that he has impacted marjoeies life in so many positive ways and that she would never leave him because he means the absolute world to her.

We get into a deeper conversation about his mum, and he reveals that they were once a happy family. Up until about 4 weeks before his mum left with mias dad. Mia never told me about that, and it worried me to think about any of the other secrets that she may be keeping from me. I try not to think about mia too much because today was all about comforting reece and trying to salvage his relationship with marjorie.

"You know, reece, I know the perfect show that will give you the ability to finally say I love you to marjorie."

He gives me a weird look, so I respond with a knowing smile. He must have caught on to my idea because he started shouting.

"CHAR THERE'S NO WAY ON EARTH IM WATCHING BRIDGERTON WITH YOU."

I completely ignore what he says, and I put it on for us to watch. To nobody's suprise, he ends up really loving it. We watch a couple of episodes together, and he starts to feel more comfortable around me.

"Char, I'm scared for myself and marjorie." This sent chills down my spine. I think I knew what he was going to say..

"What's going on reece? You can talk to me. I'm here for you."

He tells me that he has been zoning out a lot recently, and when marjorie tries to comfort him, he gets scared and hits her out of instinct. My heart breaks for the pair of them. I can't even imagine how many problems this could cause for them.

I tell him that the only reason he acts like that is because of the trauma that Roger gave him when he was younger. He wasn't exactly a loving father, and he knew that.

I could tell reece didn't want to go home. He was enjoying my presence. Not in a romantic way or anything just in a friendly way.

We sat in silence for a couple of minutes. Finnish the episode of bridgerton. Then, out of nowhere,

Ding.

I got a message from my phone it was from mia. She looked so hot it was unbelievable. I kissed my teeth, staring at the photo that my amazing, hot girlfriend had sent me.

"The black bikini...

Shit. How did he know?

"Thank you for everything, Char. I should probably get going. I give him a hug and tell him that he can come to me about anything at any time, and I will always be a listening ear.

He hugs me back and thanks me for everything.

"Oh, by the way, Char, Mia must REALLY like you."

"What makes you say that reece???"

He tells me that the black bikini only ever came out when she was really trying to impress someone.

"Wait, she wore the black bikini FOR YOU??"

He started laughing really hard. I don't get what he was laughing at buy he tells me that there was a woman in Altaya about 10 years ago who she was ready to run away with and she wore the bikini to impress her.

I started daydreaming about the fact that mia could have had her choice of anyone in the world and she picked me??

Reece could see I was in shock.

"Char. Mia does love you. She will move mountains just to make sure you're alright. She will do anything for you. And she will treat you right. Who knows what a woman likes in a relationship better than another woman??

With that reece left and I went back up to my room to think of a response to the black bikini.