chapter 24: mike

A/N Sorry it's been so long lol, also big tw for abuse, and I'm sorry in advance..

3rd person pov:

Charlotte starts visibly panicking. Mia tries to reassure her that everything is going to be okay.

He just called them a pair of fuckinh slags, and they could hear in his voice that he was clearly raging.

I mean, how can he not be? His ex-wife left with his girls and is now living with a WOMAN? Not just any woman, a woman that is strong and powerful and has a lot of money.

Mia is a lot braver than what Char is, and she knows that she can deal with whatever Mike is going to do. Out of bravery, she leaves the bedroom and locks the door behind her, leaving Charlotte alone.

Charlotte loads up bridgerton on mias laptop while she's gone. It's their show, char only really watches it when she's missing her girl or when she's with her girl, which is Is of the time.

Mia heads downstairs clearly scared, but she is ready and prepared for whatever is about to happen.

She walks into the living room and sees the broken window as well as all of the glass that is shattered along the floor.

Mike must be in the kitchen thinking about what he's going to do.

Mia takes his absence as an opportunity to quietly go into the draw in the living room and grab the bat that she has been hiding just in case something like this happens.

Mike is in the kitchen expecting Charlotte to walk in weak, alone and unarmed. Little does he know what is about to happen.

Mia walks towards the kitchen, thinking she's prepared for what's coming to her.

She carefully opens the kitchen door and is greated by a very pissed off Mike.

"Where the fuck is Charlotte and what are you doing."

Mia says nothing in return. Stupidly she is waiting for him to do something.

"Oi you stupid bitch I'm talking to you."

Mia grins and raises an eyebrow at him which makes him even more annoyed.

He walks towards mia and raises a hand to her.

Again mia does nothing.

Charlotte is still sat upstairs alone. She can't help but worry about her girl. Anything could happen. She couldn't loose her, Mia is her life.

Mia luckily manages to avoid the punch that Mike just swung at her. That could have easily knocked her out.

Mike notices that mia is holding something behind her back.

He forcefully grabs her arm making her reveal what it is she has in her arm.

When he sees that it's a bat he rags it out of her arm. She didn't see that coming, she was too busy worrying about Charlotte and what he would do to her.

Mike now has the bat.

Mia is going to be In so much pain.

He starts repeatedly punching her in the face making her fall on to the floor.

She screams in pain hoping that Charlotte would hear her and come running down.

Char was still upstairs watching bridgerton. With the door shut and locked and bridgerton in the background, she was unable to hear anything going on downstairs.

All she can do is hope that mia is okay.

Mike picks the bat up and starts to hit mia with it as hard as he possibly can.

Surprisingly, mia is still awake and conscious but she can feel the pain. She doesn't have anything she can protect her self with and her legs had gone dead because of how much he hit her.

Charlotte realizes that almost an hour has passed and she hadn't heard anyone leave yet meaning Mike was probably still in the house.

Char stays in the bedroom thinking of what she can do. She knows it's late but decides to give autumn a call.

"Char, you okay? It's early hours in the morning what's happened?"

"Aut it's Mike. He's found us come please bring reece if you must but I need you here as soon as possible."

Autumn hung up the phone without saying another word. All char can do is hope that Autumn gets here FAST.

Charlotte makes her way downstairs and quietly unlocks the door so that Autumn can get in easy.

She went towards the stairs but she could hear mia screaming in pain.

It made char start crying. She thinks it's her fault that this is happening to her baby, she has to do something before its too late.

Charlotte however is frozen in fear. She can't move but she can Still hear the pain in mias voice.

Just as the front door swings open, the noises that she's making stops. Autumn walks into the kitchen without saying a single word to Charlotte.

Somehow she just knew. It's Autumn of course she knew. She knows everything.

When she walks into the kitchen she sees mia laid on the floor not making a single sound covered head to toe in bruises and blood.

Autumn called an ambulance and they advised her to see if she was still breathing.

She checked her pulse and started crying immediately.

Autumn isn't one to show emotion. She knew char was going to be absolutely distraught by this but there's nothing she can do to change what's happened.

Without thinking Charlotte walks into the kitchen and sees the state that she's in.

She's dead and she knows it.

She's lost her mum and the love of her life in the space of 24 hours.

Mia let's out a big breath that nobody notices because of all the crying.

The breathing stops again. Nobody notices.