chapter 27: date night

3rd person pov:

Charlotte gets ready for her date while mia is still sitting on the bed watching bridgerton.

She gets herself into the shower and washes her hair with mias shampoo and conditioner.

Once she is ready, she jumps out of the shower and Wears one of mias favorite dresses.

Mia gets into the shower and then wears the same clothes that happened the night of the accident since they are chars clothes and they are comfy.

They make their way to the car and head towards the bar. It was the place where they first started talking properly the day that Charlotte had her big argument with marjorie.

Charlotte was planning on proposing to mia but she just didn't know when the right time was and she couldn't do it today because there was too much going on and the ring was Still at her house.

Charlotte hasn't been back to her house yet, she has been staying at mias for the past few nights because she just can't face her own home after what happened even though Mia is perfectly fine and recovering well.

Mia and Charlotte have 3 glasses of wine between them, and then they make their way to the beach just before the sunsets.

Charlotte was cuddled up into mias arms crying at the sunset. She didn't know why she was crying, and mia was helping her through the pain. It wasn't easy for either of them that night, and the most important thing is that they are there for each other no matter what.

Nothing will ever drag them two apart. Especially not Charlotte's abusive ex or Roger, the abusive father and blackmailer.

Mia gives Charlotte her jacket because she notices that she is getting cold as the weather is getting colder. As mia puts the jacket on her forever, sweetheart, Charlotte melts more into her embrace.

Hours pass and they are still sat at the beach together, Charlotte started to get hungry, neither of them have eaten for days so mia lays Charlotte down on the beach and leaves her to get some fries to share.

Mia comes back and tells Char that she isn't hungry and she should just try and have something to eat. Charlotte thanks her baby for doing this for her and gives her a kiss on the lips.

Mia moves her face away from Charlotte before she manages to kiss her.

Charlotte understands that she is probably just not ready for that after the past few days that they ah e had, and she tries to eat the chips because she can't because she is still crying.

Mia sat next to her with her arm wrapped around her sweetheart, not understanding why she kept on crying.

Another half an hour passes, and Char decides that it's best if they return to mias as it's cold and it's getting late.

Mia agrees without saying anything, and they head back towards the car.

Charlotte puts on the shared pmaylist that they had made and hums along to their favorite songs with tears strolling down her face.

Mia, sitting in the passenger seat, rests her hand on the xharlottes lap and gently rubs it.

They finally arrive home, and mia dives straight into bed. Charlotte runs down stairs to get herself and mia a drink and the laptop so that they can watch one episode of Bridgerton before eventually falling asleep in eachothers embrace.

Charlotte had managed to finally stop crying and heads upstairs to get her pj's on. Well, mias pj's because all of her things are still at her house, and neither of them want to go back.

Charlotte gets in bed and cuddles up next to mia while watching bridgerton. Mia holds her until she can finally fall asleep.

It takes hours for Char to finally fall asleep, but when she did, it was in her girlfriends arms, and that's all that ever mattered to Char. It's the only place in the world where she truly wanted to be.

The girls were still with winter and autumn, and she was so grateful to have them the night of the accident, and she knew that she would need them more than ever.

The girls being happy meant a lot to char. The only thing they really need is a happy family. And that's exactly what they have.