Chapter one

Great, back to grandma's we go

I'm so tired of the woods, the absence of the wolf, and even my own grandma! I watch impatiently as my mom packed grandma's goodies.

"Red, do you know your way-"

"Yes mother, I know my way back," I said cutting her off. She gave me a worried look.

"Ok...if you say so dear." She looked down as she finished with my basket. I sighed feeling bad for snapping at her, so I gave her a big hug.

"I'll be safe mom," I said looking up into strange but mesmerizing violet eyes. "What can go wrong?"

She sighed knowing that question meant trouble. "Be safe be merry Red." Her tone was caring but warning me at the same, but knowing me I probably ignored it gladly. I'm such a diva at times.

I nodded with a smile, opened the door and turned to wave at her before I went out towards the forest.

The village. What a peaceful place. I took the long way to the woods, and that's through the village. The village is my home; I've been there since I was born. You can tell there were trees alike: cedar tress, pine trees, oak trees, maple trees, I can go on and on. I took in each shop as I walked pass Julian's bakery, Lily's butchery, and Cosmo's clay shop. I decided to stop at Cosmo's shop since he's my best friend and all. He always kept his shop nice and clean. It was little compared to the other ones that were standing tall in their popular glory and painted in a huge variety of colors, his contained only a few long, tables made from birch wood which were covered in clay residue, but other than that I love it there. The smell of clay baking smells better than any bread baking in any bakery.

"Hey Red," said Cosmo as he looked up from painting a horse he made from the clay. Cosmo is a very sweet guy. His brown eyes tell you all. He's only a couple of years older than me, and he's good with the bow and arrow. Also, he's Spanish.

"Hey Cosmo, what's up?" I answered.

He shrugged. "Nothing, how about you?"

I answered him by holding up the basket of goodies. His face fell into a empathetic scowl.

"Oh, back to grandma's house?"

"I go there almost every week." It's hard having to these things for grandma. I mean...I don't mind doing them, but I do there literally every week, and it's hard to balance that with learning how to paint from being Felene's apprentice.

He grabbed my hand. I smiled nervously at him. Holding my hand, huh; that's new.

"It must be hard, doing errands for your mom." His brown eyes had an unusual spark in them.

"Yeah..." I answered that unsure. He smiled and went back to work. I was still wondering why Cosmo did that. I shrugged and went on my way.

I was in the woods going the same way I always did: through the hidden trail my mother taught me and over the bridge. When I got up to the bridge, it was broken. I groaned. Now I have to wade across the river. I put the basket filled with goodies on top of my head and walked along the bottom. Don't worry, the water was up to my waist. I knocked on granny's door all soaking wet. She opened the door to greet me as usual, but she was surprised to see me wet.

"Dear, I thought you crossed the bridge," she said.

"The bridge was broken, so I had no choice but to cross the river," I replied flatly.

"Aww...poor dear..." She quickly led me into the house so I could dry off.

As I was drying off, she asked me, "What happened to you today?"

I smiled because I had a great story to tell. I wrapped my still drying arm around her shoulders guiding her to the sofa.

"I'll tell ya all about."

Banner credit goes to AmiraAshraf-