Chapter seventeen

I couldn't believe my eyes went I saw Sol pinning me down. His blue eyes hardened on me.

"Dude... I thought we were friends..." I said awestricken.

"You must've thought wrong. Remember that rumor about Huston having a little spy around, well I'm the spy. The rumor was true. I'm the spy," he sneered. I struggled and struggled with all my might, but I couldn't get away. He was too strong, but I'm usually stronger than him. During my struggle with Sol, Huston came up looking worse than usual. His blue eyes barely open because of his bruises.

"Master, is that all your blood?" Sol asked unsurely. Huston growled at him.

"Whatre dou think?" He slurred as he spit out some blood. He turned to Cosmo and said, "I'm finking want Big bad wolf satrted!" He launched himself on Cosmo, and I screamed as loud as I could because I didn't want to witness the death of my brother. Sol shoved his fist into my mouth to shut me up. I bit down as hard as I could on his hand, and I tasted the terrible, black blood that was flowing through his veins. Sol howled in pain, and I pinned him down as I spit his blood which was in my mouth into his. He gagged and threw up on the ground after I released him. Then he laid face in the pool of his own vomit. I turned him over and saw that he was dead. My body shifted with emotion. I just killed my best friend who I thought was my friend. All of a sudden, I heard a scream and turned in that direction. What I saw shocked me knowing that I failed my father.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I heard a scream in the distance as I was riding Tesla back to the village. Lily was holding tightly on my arms. Once we were back into the village, I dropped Lily off at her house. She gave me a confused look.

"Why are you dropping me off here?" She asked. I sighed in defeat.

"Lily, I want you to rest. I bet Cosmo is alive and around here somewhere..." I trailed off because I caught a glimpse at the top of Gordon's head and his light brown curls. Lily nodded and went inside. I ran to Gordon and wrapped my arms around him. At first he was confused, but when he pulled away from me he smiled, but I was horrified by what I saw. His entire mouth was covered in black blood, and he was sweaty and pale.

"Gordon..." I backed away from him, but he held me firmly in place.

"Have any water and juice?" He asked. I gave him a bottle of water and my last juice box. He washed his mouth out, dumped the rest on his head, and drunk the juice box like he was going crazy. He seemed to get his color back and looked almost like himself.

"Thanks," he said with a smile as he gave me a kiss. In the corner of my eye, I saw a body on the ground in a pool of vomit.

"Gordon, who is that?" I asked in a scared tone. Gordon's light green eyes were filled with a sadness I couldn't figure out.

"He-he was my best friend...or..." He kicked the dead body as hard as he could, and it went flying into the river. "AT LEAST I THOUGHT HE WAS!!!!" He broke down into tears. I held him in comfort as I felt his body shuffle out tears.

"It's ok honey; I'm here," I cooed.

"No, no it's not gonna be the same anymore." He looked up at me with red puffy eyes. I never noticed how big his eyes were. I could see every detail on his eyeballs. I realized that his eyes weren't light green but light hazel. The light brown chips appeared randomly on his iris. When he blinked, it was like he had a second layer under his original eyelid. He pulled away from me and took me over to where Cosmo was. I gasped as I saw Cosmo looming over Huston's dead body. The wolves in his pack looked at Cosmo in awe.

"Did you kill him?" One asked. Cosmo stood up straight and looked at the man straight in the eye.

"Yes Adrian, I killed Huston," he said defiantly. I looked at Gordon whose head was down.

"I have failed my father," Gordon said miserably. I looked at Cosmo slowly. Cosmo was now the leader of the pack that changed his life forever.

 Cosmo was now the leader of the  pack that changed his life forever