Chapter twenty

A few months after that huge wolf attack, Gordon turned out to be a wonderful chief, and Cosmo turned out to be a wonderful leader. He and Lily had their daughter, Tiffany, who is now three months old. And I really want my own child now. Gordon smiled at me as he held my hand. We were watching how Cosmo tossed up Tiffany, and she laughed enjoying her dad toss her.
I rubbed my belly wishing a child there. Gordon seemed to read my thoughts because he looked right at my belly.

"Maybe it's time to get checked," he said as he took me to Dr. Janet's doctors office. Dr. Janet was happy to check me to see if I was pregnant or could get pregnant. She did a scan and everything. I squeezed Gordon's hand as hard as I could. Of course he only felt pressure because he was so strong. Dr. Janet came back with some great news.

"Do you wanna hear the good news or the bad news first?" She asked us. I looked at Gordon who whispered in my ear,

"Bad news first."

"We'll hear that bad news first," I told her.

"The bad news is is that your child will develop later than others."

I sighed sadly, and Gordon was about to howl in sadness when she said, "But the good news is you can have as many children as you want, and you're pregnant Red. Twins! A boy and a girl! At least that girl will be developing on time; it's just the boy we'll be monitoring.

Gordon and I exchanged shocked looks. It looks like our journey to adulthood has just begun.

 It looks like our journey to adulthood has just begun