Chapter two

I told her what Cosmo did before I got to her house. She sat there in her little stone age chair thinking. "You haven't thought of maybe he likes you."

I turned to her looking at her like she's insane before I burst out laughing. "Oh grandma, that's the silliest-we're just best friends."

She hummed in disagreement while carelessly knitting her....well...whatever she was trying to make. She still can't knit. "But sometimes 'friends' can be more than that; that's what happened to me and your grandfather."

I sat there thinking about what she just said. I looked up at her with hope gleaming in my eyes. "Do you think Cosmo likes me?"

She gladly ignored me as she stopped her knitting to walk into the kitchen. I watched her hobble into the kitchen with ease and go to the dishes to wash them. After about ten minutes, she must've remembered what I said because she stopped washing the dishes and turned to answer me. "Oh yes dear, look at yourself."

I walked to the bathroom to take a good look at myself. I don't understand why grandma had me looking in the mirror, and I don't like looking at myself in the mirror either, but if grandma says I should then I'm going to obey her. I grabbed my red hair. Straight as stick; it could be dead. I pulled my eyelids down. My eyes are speckled brown. I groaned at my complexion. I'm as pale as a ghost! How could he like a pale redhead like me? I walked back to the living room where grandma was waiting for me.

"Well? How did it go?" She asked in a curious tone.

I groaned and flopped on the couch. "Grandma, I'm not that attractive. There are plenty of girls that are prettier than me. He won't like a girl like me."

"That's where you're wrong dear; he likes you not by your looks, but by your personality. I was silly to think that looks were everything." She started to hum a little tone.

That got me thinking for a moment. "Could it be? Could it be my personality?"

She poured some tea in a teacup. "Oh, yes."
She handed me a cup of tea. I spooned in my own amount of a choice of honey or sugar. I love my grandma, she's so wise and can always give me the right advice. I took a sip of tea. I looked up, and her old, wise face was filled with worry.

"Are you going back to the village?" Grandma asked me.

"Why yes, you know I live there, why did you ask me that?" I asked back tilting my head to the side in confusion.

"Oh...I'm afraid the big, bad wolf will get you."

I stared at her for a moment. "Grandma, he hasn't attacked us in over two years; I think it's safe to say that he might be dead."

"Mm....I guess you're right."

I gave my grandma a big hug before heading towards the door. "Well, mom's probably worried sick about me, I must be heading back."

"Ok, bye dear, love you," she said as I walked down the trail.

As I was walking, I heard some strange noises, and a wolf howl rang through the air. My head snapped in the direction of the howl. I shuddered and pulled my red hood over my head. I kept walking until something with scary green eyes stopped right in front of me.

 I kept walking until something with scary green eyes stopped right in front of me