Chapter three

I let out a shriek and swung the basket at it. It grabbed the basket and yanked it from my grasp.

"Hey, hey," it said in a male's voice. He grabbed my wrist too. "That's not a nice thing to do."

I took my other hand and slapped him upside his head. He let go of my wrist to rub his head. "Oww!"

"You shouldn't grab girls like that," I snapped. He rubbed the place where I hit him.

"I think I've learned my lesson."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Who are you?"

He came out of the shadows, and I got a good look at him. He was at least five inches taller than me, and he gave me a mischievous grin. His light green eyes had that mischievous gleam in them, and his light brown hair flowed with the wind. I tried not to gawk or stare; he was a wonderful sight.

"Please, allow me to introduce myself: my name is Gordon," he said as he leaned against the trunk of an oak. He held out his hand. "And you are?"

I gave him and his hand a hostile look. "I'm Red."

He scanned me up and down. "You don't look red to me; more like pale."

"No....my name is Red."

He still had a pathetic look on his face.

I sighed in frustration. This dude was stupider than I thought. "Little red riding hood."

He deadpanned before snapping his fingers. "So you're her?! That's very hard to believe; your hair isn't even brown."

"I dyed it."

"That explains."

I turned to walk to the village when he grabbed my arm.

"Whoa...are you going to the village?" he asked.

I jerked out of his grip. "Yes...and?"

"There's gonna be a wolf attack by a pack who wants vengeance on your village."

I snorted. This was ridiculous. "Why would a bunch of dogs attack us?"

Gordon's beautiful green eyes hardened. "I'm just warning you ahead of time that's all."

"I'm fine and so is my village." I turned away from him and started to walk in the direction of my village.

"Fine," he screamed after me, "see how well you do without it!"

I shuddered. Was Gordon's warning true? I forced it out of my head and headed back to the village.

 Was Gordon's warning true? I forced it out of my head and headed back to the village