Chapter nineteen

Today was a day of mourning. I walked slowly beside my dad with Gordon holding hand. I never imagined seeing the funeral of my mom before I had kids, but now it's a reality. I walked beside my dad, and Gordon was on the other side of me. The funeral was a very sad moment for me. I was the last one to make a eulogy for my mom.

"Thank you all for coming. I have a few words about my mother. Like dad said, she was a strong, good woman who raised her daughter, me, well. Not only did she teach me my 123s, ABCs, and how to use my words, she taught me how to love..." I blew a kiss at Gordon who blushed when I did that. "I'll miss you mom, and I hope to see you in the afterlife."

Everyone got up and clapped. I stood next to Gordon, and he softly kissed me on the cheek. I was congratulated by a lot of the elders in the village. When I walked out of the graveyard after my mom was buried, my dad wanted a word with me.

"Alone," he told Gordon. Gordon huffed behind his back and walked over to where Lily and Cosmo were standing.

"You know he has super hearing right," I told him.

"Yeah, but where we're going he won't be able to hear us," he responded. He took me to a part of the forest where no one could eavesdrop.

"I need to tell you something," he said.

"What?" I responded.

"I'm here to stay with you Red."

I screamed and hugged him with tears falling down my cheeks. "Dad! Thank you so much!"

"I was not leaving you all by yourself. I'm not crazy. And I don't trust Gordon."

"Dad, he's my boyfriend, and he wouldn't hurt me."

"That's what you think! I've seen those types of boys murder their mates over something stupid like a piece of pork chop. I mean come on!"

There a howl in the distance, and the sun was going down. I looked at me dad, and he returned the same look. It's time to get out of the forest. He held my hand, and we walked quickly out of the forest.

When I returned to the village, I met up with Cosmo, Lily, and Gordon. Gordon gave me a disappointed look.

"I heard. He's here to stay," he said glumly.

"Gordon-" I started.

"He doesn't even trust me! I'm trustable!"

"Babe! Look at me!" He turned his attention to me. "Ignore my dad, he's just being overprotective."

He pouted. "When you put it that way..." I laughed and kissed him. I eyed Cosmo.

"What?" He asked. I gave him that "really?" look. He gasped. "Oh!" He turned Lily.

"My love, I killed the leader of that pack that attacked us two days ago; I'm the leader now, and you're my mate, so you're the queen," he told her. Her eyes widened in surprise and shock.

"So you want me to be with you in the pack? If I do who's gonna be chief when I'm gone?" She looked at me. "Red, would you like to be chief?"

"Maybe you should ask Gordon..." I looked at him. "Would you like to be chief?"

His expression was priceless. "Yes! I would take good care of this village."

Lily smiled. "Then it's official. Gordon, you're the new chief for this village." Everyone in the village heard it and cheered. Lily grabbed Cosmo's hand. "Let's go my king." They walked off into the forest with the pack following behind. Gordon and I went into the big house. We found a guest bedroom and snuggled up there. Gordon had that look in his eye that I knew what it was.

"We're alone at last," he said. He crawled on top of me. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his neck. He looked deep into my eyes. I got lost in them and kissed him. As I was kissing him, I remembered what he said to me a month ago.
Sex before marriage; he said all males go through it. I pulled away and said, "I did promise you sex, or did I?"

"Yes you did; you said after the quest we can have sex later, and later is now!" He pouted.

"What?! I said maybe! But since I'm up for it, we can do that now."

He smiled and continued kissing me all night.