Chapter sixteen

All I saw was chaos. The wolves came back with a vengeance stronger than before. I held tight onto Gordon's hand as we looked around at all the damage done to this village.

"Red!" My father was riding his horse towards us. "Get on Tesla!" The horse he was dragging along beside his. I helped Gordon on, and we rode towards where Lily and Cosmo were fighting. He turned to see us, and he picked up Lily and tossed her to us. Gordon caught her, and Lily squirmed and squealed.

"NO! Cosmo, you'll die!" She screamed.

"It's better if you're safe than both of us dying," he responded. Then Gordon jumped off Tesla and walked over to where Cosmo was standing. I didn't know what he was doing at first, but when he said, "It's best if both of them were outta harm's way. We're doing this together bro." My eyes felt like they were going to pop out of their sockets.

"Gordon-" He held his hand up to silence me.

"Red, if I die trying to protect your village, then it's ok to find someone else to replace me." He gently grabbed my face and used his thumb to wipe away a stray tear that rebelled against the pocket that holds my tears. He slowly kissed me like he was never going to see me again. He nudged Tesla, and she veered up on her hind legs and sped away from Gordon and Cosmo. Lily and I held each other as the tears of heartbreak and mourning overtook all our other emotions. We were never going to see our boyfriends ever again.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
I glared at Cosmo. He got me into this mess, and he better get me out. Cosmo and I exchanged glares until he spoke up.

"What?" He asked. I was staring at his face. He did have some resemblance of our father, but I'm still the rightful heir to be alpha.

"Don't you 'what' me! I can't believe I did that! For you! Risking my life that I could've shared with Red..." The look on Cosmo's face made me stop in my tracks. The demon-like look was giving me chills up my spine. I shuddered and looked away, but his voice made me look his way.

"Do you think I want you here? Do you think I wanna die and never see my child or my Lily?! No! I didn't choose to defeat that pack! I have to; my revenge on this pack is stronger than you think. Before dad died he told me to avenge the pack that changed my life forever, so that's what I'm gonna do, and no one can stop me."

"You're insane! Dude! Dad told me to kill the alpha and become the new leader, and you," I pointed him in the chest, "can't interfere. You-"

Something attacked me knocking me to the ground. I heard Cosmo yell, but something else attacked him too. When I saw who attacked me, I was shocked. It was my own best friend Sol.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
As Tesla ran as fast as she could down the dirt path, I couldn't help but think about Gordon. Thinking about him brought a fresh batch of tears to my eyes. Never seeing him again made me sick to my stomach, and my stomach was hurting a little. Lily was sitting there looking at the ground miserably while holding her big stomach.

"My baby's father..." She murmured to herself. "He's gone..."

"It's ok Lily..." An idea popped into my head. I turned her towards me, and I lifted her head up to mine. "I have an idea! We'll ride back to them and help them!" Lily's face brightened to that idea.

"Oh Red...you're a genius!" She exclaimed as she hugged me tight. I grabbed Tesla and turned her into the direction where we left Cosmo and Gordon. I smiled as Tesla thundered down the path. This battle was in my favor.

 This battle was in my favor