Chapter eighteen

Cosmo, Gordon, and I went to where Lily was resting. When we entered the premisses, I saw Lily resting in her bed looking sadly out the window. I don't think she noticed us entering her room. Cosmo went to her bed side and held her hand.

"My love, I'm here," he said as she turned her head in the direction of his voice. Her eyes lit up as Cosmo was in her view. She squealed, hugged, and kissed him.

"Oh Cosmo, I thought you were dead," she said as she rubbed his face. The love in his brown eyes was very strong.

"I thought so too, I love you my queen." She sat up and gave him a frown.

"What's that suppose to mean?" He kneeled down on one knee and said, "Will you marry me? Be my mate till death do part us? Be the one I always wanted? Be the alpha in my omega? Be the yin in my yang? Be the only key to my heart?"

Lily leaned towards him and answered, "Yes. I will!" Cosmo got up and smiled at her as he hugged her tightly. Gordon wiped a tear from my eye, and I snuggled against him.

"Want me to ask you that same question?" He mouthed to me. I shook my head and absorbed his warmth. This was a very happy moment. I was happy for Lily and Cosmo. This couldn't get any better.

My dad returned from the battle. He eyed Gordon and walk over to me.

"How did it go my darling?" he asked.

"It went great dad, thanks for coming back," I said as I gave him a big hug. He returned the embrace while still eyeing Gordon. He went over to Gordon and placed his hands on his shoulders. Gordon flinched when he did it.

"My boy! Will you take good care of my little red riding hood, and never ever break her heart?" He asked him. Gordon nodded.

"Yes sir, I love her more than anything," he responded. My heart leaped for joy. Knowing that Gordon was here for me made me feel like I was worth something. As my dad walked away, Gordon said, "Wanna hang out at my house?"

I agreed and he carried me all the way to his house.

Later that night I was reading my mom's will when Gordon came bustling in. I looked up from the will and frowned down at him.

"What are you doing?" I asked him as I helped him up to the bed. He spread his limbs all over the bed taking up all the space on the bed. His left hand tried to slide up my dress, and I crushed it. He jerked his hand back and cried out in pain.

"That hurt," he pouted. I huffed and went back to reading mom's will. Gordon whimpered and rubbed his head against my arm. I looked from the will, and I couldn't resist the look in his eyes, so I put the will away and snuggled up with him. He chuckled and kissed me.

"Goodnight," he said.

"Ditto," I responded before his strong arms rocked me to sleep.