Chapter thirteen

Gordon and I were traveling for a very long time. We stopped at a river because I decided to freshen up before we got home. He turned his back as I stripped my clothes off and ran in the river washing my hair under the waterfall. Then I heard footsteps creeping slowly in my direction. I was naked, so I hid behind the waterfall. I peered through the waterfall and saw Gordon walking into the river without any clothes! I couldn't help but stare; he was a better sight naked. I left my hiding spot behind the waterfall to surprise him. He jumped up and turned around to see me naked as well, but the water was covering most of me.

"Red! I forgot you were in here," he said trying to see under the water.

"I thought you were gonna wing it," I said in a mocking tone. He scowled at me and looked towards the shore. "Maybe you should put some clothes on—not that I don't want you to; it's just a suggestion." I laughed at his comment.

"So you want me to walk around naked in front of you so that you can get hard and make love to me?"

"You're a smart girl." I wrapped my arms around his neck and pressed my chest against his.

"Mmmm...I like that," he said. I smiled and kissed him. We kissed for a while before we finally pulled away. He smiled, but it quickly disappeared when he saw the water red.

"Is that blood?!" He asked on the verge of panicking. I touched my hair and saw that the red dye was washing out into the river.

"Gordon, look at me," I said reassuring. He looked at me, and his panicked expression turned into a amazed expression.

"Red, you're more beautiful as a brunette," he said. That compliment made my cheeks heat up. I turned away from him and started towards the shore. When I got there, I quickly threw on a pair of fresh clean clothes and waited for Gordon to finish up with his bath time. Finally he was done, and we could start back up on our quest.

As we were walking, Gordon decided to wrap his arms around my waist and kiss me on the side of my head. I couldn't stop giggling.

"What are you doing babe," I said through a mouth full of giggles.

"I'm sorry," he said softly. The giggling stopped right there. "What are you sorry for?"

"For acting hostile the other day; when you mentioned the meat, it triggered off the ugly side of me. I thought you were tryna poison me."

"Oh...it's ok sweetie."

"No it's not. I promise never to-"

"You don't have to promise anything-"

"I don't wanna hurt you."

"Your not hurting me babe, I'm right here." I forced his head to look me in the eyes. "You don't have to promise anything; I know you love me. You tell me everyday." He tried to turn his head in another direction, but I held it in a firm grasp. "I'm not done yet. It was my fault for not remembering that your kind is allergic to beef, so it's me who has to promise not to mention meat to you again."

He stroked my face. "Oh Red..." He pressed his forehead against mine. "I love you so much." He purred while I rubbed my cheek against his. I curled my finger into a lock of his curly hair. He looked deep into my eyes and licked the tip of my nose.

"Ew," I said as I wiped it off.

He smiled and just said, "It's a dog thing."

We walked until I could see the village. I couldn't contain my excitement. I was finally home! I was about to rush down towards the village when Gordon grabbed my hand.

"Let's walk together," he suggested. I took his hand, and we walked slowly back to the village. We passed my grandma's house, crossed the river, and headed into the woods.

We were laughing and swinging our arms when Gordon stopped in front of a very familiar person, Cosmo. They both stood there face to face glaring at each other. I didn't want things to get awkward, so I released Gordon's hand.

Both boys sized each other up. I don't see why because Gordon has more muscle and is taller, while Cosmo is more swift and lean. Cosmo slightly looked up at Gordon. "Hello brother."

"