Awkward

Cameron's POV

"Time to get up for school Cameron!" I hear my mom from outside my door. I groan in response and she leaves the door.

I sit up and stretching so my legs shake. Best feelings ever. I get out of bed and go to my closet to pick out my clothes. I put on a white tee and baggy blue jeans and my white air forces with my silver cross necklace and silver rings. I head downstairs and grab my bag. I look at the counter to see a note. "Gonna be a late night at the hospital. Dinner is in fridge-Mom." Great.

I grab my keys and head to the school. We're in our last 3 months so it's just finals and projects. Which I've already done due to the fact I don't have much of a social life to be distracted enough not to get it done as soon as possible. I pull up to the school and park by Karlie's Honda accord. "Hey Cameron." Sierra Michael's says walking past me as I get off my bike. I heard she has a crush on me but I never noticed until this year. She stands at 5'5 with long wavy brown hair, chocolate skin that is always sun kissed, stunning brown eyes and luscious lips. Her body is what girls call, snatched. In other words i guess she has a nice body.

I smile at her. "Hey Sierra. How are you?" I ask walking beside her up to the school doors. I see people staring at us and I don't know why.

"Good. So you know prom is coming up." I've never been interested in school dances. I went to homecoming only because Karlie wanted to go and said we'd have fun. We. Did. Not. I nod for her to continue. "Well I was wondering if maybe-

I feel an arm link with mine and pull me away from Sierra. I look at the culprit and it's Karlie. I smile at my bestfriend at confusion. "What were you and Sierra talking about?" She asks.

I shrug when she finally lets me go when we get close to our Math class. "She mentioned prom. I wasn't all that interested but I didn't want to be rude." I say and we walk in the class.

"What? She was totally gonna ask you!" She says sounding excited.

I narrow my eyes. "Why would she do that?"

"Do you actually not think you're attractive Cam?" She asks. I shrug. I mean clearly I'm attractive, but to be getting asked out to prom I feel like is another level in high school standards. "Well you are. But she's not the only one planning to ask you from what I've heard at cheer practice this morning." She says nodding towards the other side of the class where a group of girls are giggling and lookin over at us.

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Girls are weird." I say and Karlie laughs. Then the teacher comes in and starts the first lesson of the day for what I think will be longest Monday ever.

After a gourseome first half of the day it's finally lunch. I'm sitting with Karlie and her cheerleader friends and their basketball boyfriends. "So were you going to say yes?" I hear Karlie ask.

"What?" I ask putting a fry in my mouth.

"Sierra, would you have said yes if she had asked you?"

I sit and think about it. "You know I don't like school dances but that would be embarrassing if I told her no, right? I have to say yes." I say unsure.

She shrugs. "You don't have to say yes but you'd look less of an ass if you did say yes. Everyone knows you stick to yourself Cam but it's senior year. You gotta do it atleast once." She says and I nod. I look around the cafeteria for Sierra and see her at the table with her band friends. Sierra is a cheerleader but she used to be in band so she never switched up.

I walk over to her table and everyone's eyes reach me and I'm all of the sudden really nervous and regretting this extremely. "Hey Cameron."

I put my attention on Sierra who greeted me. "Hey Sierra. Could we talk?" I ask wanting privacy. She smiles and nods. I grab her hand to help her up and we head to the courtyard. We sit by the fountain. Yeah the school has a fountain. It's not private but it's definitely endorsed very well. "So about prom, were you going to ask me this morning?" I ask not wanting to embarrass myself if she actually wasn't going to ask me.