Cloud 9

Cameron's POV

"And you told her you had homework?" Karlie teases as we sit in my room. I groan laying down putting the pillow over my face.

"It's not funny!" I mumble and she continues to laugh like it's the funniest thing in the world that I continue to embarrass myself around Athena.

"It's a little funny Cam. She basically finally flirts with you and you reject her? Damn your game is limited when it comes to her I swear." She says rolling up our second blunt. My mom doesn't care if we smoke so long as we do it together and in the safety of our houses.

"She probably see me as more of a child now." I cringe.

"Cam, you're 19 and she's 21, you're not that far from each other in age. And I'm sure she doesn't think you as childish. You're the most mature person I know." She shrugs.

"She looked disappointed Karls. Why do you think that is?" I ask.

She lights the blunt taking a hit and then passes it to me. "You need this. But honestly maybe she likes you back." She shrugs and I scoff then take a hit. "Why is that such a low possibility for you?"

"Because she's Caleb's bestfriend and in college and she's beautiful like a goddess so she's out of my league she older than me and oh did I mention I'm Calebs little sister so she automatically will see me as like a sister." I say hating even thinking about her sister zoning me.

"You are limiting yourself by friend zoning yourself. She hasn't done it." She says and I shrug. "This is just sad."

"What is?"

"You sitting here moping about Athena when she's probably with some college girl or guy right now. So that's what you need to do." I look at her confused. "The best way to get over someone is to get under someone Cam. Text Sierra."

My eyes go wide and I shake my head. "Definitely not! I like Sierra, Karlie! I'm not going to use her to get over my embarrassment with Athena. That isn't right." I say sternly so she knows I'm being serious.

She sighs. "Fine you're right. So what are you going to do?" She asks. I raise the blunt and take another long hit and she gets the hint. We lay down with our backs on the bed and we stare at the ceiling as we pass it around until it's gone and the room is clouded.

"Damn Cameron! It smells like a frat house on 4/20 in here." Caleb says coughing and waving the smoke.

We don't move but just laugh. "What's up?"

"Hi Caleb." Karlie waves by just raising her hand and then drops it.

"You guys are fucked up. Athena and I got wings downstairs if you're hungry." He says and then walks out.

"Oooo."

"Don't start!" I say and we get up lazily and go downstairs.

"Holy shit! Did you guys smoke with Snoop Dogg?" Athena says looking at us.

"We heard there was food." I say shrugging. We make our plates of wings and fries and sit at the island.

"Cameron open your eyes." Caleb says and I swear my eyes were open. "Jeez Karlie what did you guys smoke?" He asks her as she starts clucking at him with the wing.

Athena laughs and shakes her head and for some reason I feel fiery confident. "Athena?" Stop! She looks at me giving me her full attention. "Do you have a boyfriend?" What the fuck are you doing?!

She looks shocked by the question but then chuckles. "No Cam. Where'd that come from?" She asks and I just shrug.

I see Karlie smirking at me and I shake my head. She goes back to clicking. "Eat your food Karls." I tell her and she pouts but then downs her wings.

After we finish, we go into the living room and Karlie ended up going to sleep on Caleb's shoulder so he took her upstairs. "Hey Cameron?" Athena calls for me from the floor as my head is laid back on the backrest of the couch as I sit manspread with my arms crossed. I hum not moving but I'm fully aware of her presence. "Um did I make you uncomfortable today?" She asks and my eyes snap open but I don't move so she can't see my face.

"Why would you think you made me uncomfortable Athena?" I ask.

"I don't know. Forget it." I nod my head slightly and I hear her sigh but I don't say anything else.

Heavy footsteps interrupt the very much awkward silence. "I'm gonna take a shower, did you want to stay over Athena or do you need me to take you home?" Caleb asks and that gets my attention again.

"Uh I think I'm gonna go but you can shower. Cam and I are talking still." She says and my brows furrow. We are?

"Ok. I'll be quick." He says and then goes back up.

I feel the couch shift and smell her scent of strawberries and inhale. Wait why did she move? I turn my head to the right to see her sitting there just like how she was earlier today and if I wasn't so faded I'd probably speed out of here but I feel stuck. What the fuck was in that?

I look down at her lips and find myself staying there. They are so pink and they look so soft. "Cameron?" I see her mouth move so I look back at her eyes and she's looking at me with concern.

"What did you say?"

"I said are you ok? You look really out of it." She says. I feel myself nodding and then everything goes black.