Missing Chances

Athena's POV

When Cam said she had a date my heart immediately shattered but when she said it wasn't the girl she talked to me about the other night, I had hope that she was talking about me. The entire day I was waiting for her to come back and tell us how terrible the date went but when she brought her back and looked surprised to see us or specifically me there, I knew it was the complete opposite and I'd be crying tonight. Much like how I am doing right now, crawled up into a ball sitting on my couch and drinking the wine my mom loves to drink. I'll just buy her more tomorrow.

I couldn't stay in that house so I left without saying bye to anyone and let my tears fall immediately when I stepped outside. I shouldn't even be hurt. I'm the one who hasn't told her I had feelings for her since the moment she talked to me that summer we met. Every time we were together, I seeked being alone with her but Caleb always was around since we were in the same grade, had the same classes. It was bound for us to be bestfriends but I wanted Cameron to be more than that. I'm not entirely sure if she likes me back but I sometimes catch her stealing glances of me. But if she did why would she sleep with that girl? "AHHHH!!!"

Being in love with my bestfriends sister, is not how I wanted our love story to be but it's better than not having one at all. Well, there's goes my chances.