Possibility

Cameron's POV

Fuck! I rub my neck and sit up from the couch smelling the scent of coffee and bacon. I get up from the couch taking the blanket off me and walking groggily to the kitchen. "Well, thank god you were at home smoking. You and Karlie will be getting a talk today about exactly how much you smoke." My mom says sitting my plate of food down in front of me and the sound of the plate scraping the counter makes me cringe. She shakes her head.

"We didn't even smoke that much." She looks at me bored. "Ok maybe we did."

I hear footsteps coming from upstairs and see Karlie and her hair looks like a bird nest. I laugh at the sight. She hits my shoulder. "We can't all wake up basically flawless in the morning after blacking out." She pouts and my mom slides her, her plate and she covers her ears and my mom laughs.

"What was in that?" She shrugs.

"Nothing different. My dealer didn't change anything. You were the one going crazy. I just had to match because I wasn't going to let you go down alone." I hit her to shut up but my mom is already looking at me with a frown.

"What's going on Cam?" I shake my head and she puts her hands on her hips.

I sigh. "Just stressed about college. It got a lil overwhelming and I needed a break." I shrug hoping she'll let it go.

Of course she didn't. "Ok if you don't want your brother to help you, then Athena will." I go to decline but more footsteps come in the kitchen and I scream internally.

"Athena will do what?" Caleb asks coming in with a black tank top and nightmare before Christmas pajama pants. I hear Karlie choke on her food and I pat her back.

"You ok?" I ask and she just nods. I go back to the older two and Athena follows him but stops and stands by my mom so I have a clear view of her.

"Your sister needs help on her college essay and is too stubborn to accept your help so I offered Athena's. If she doesn't mind of course." My mom says and I glare at her.

Athena shrugs. "I don't mind. I may not be Caleb worthy of course but i still got accepted with mine so I can help you Cameron." She says looking at me with a smile.

I shrug. "Yeah sure. But I really think I'll be fine."

"Not if you're going to be blacking out like that every night just to put words on paper Cameron. Now no more smoking until it's done. Is that clear?" I sigh and nod. "Words." She says sternly and Caleb and Athena's eyes go wide from mom being so serious.

"Yes ma'am." She nods and then kisses everyone bye and tells Karlie and I she already called the principal saying we won't be able to come in today, so we're excused.

She leaves and then the room goes silent. I feel everyone's eyes on me. "Yes?" I ask looking at everyone. They all shrug.

"Moms right. The essay shouldn't be stressing you out so much Cam. Last night was scary. You're lucky mom came home and made sure you were ok. Otherwise we would've took you to the hospital for a possible overdose." Caleb say and I look at Athena.

"Caleb chill. She was just stressed. She's already been told off by your mom she's doesn't need you on her too." She says and he nods and then she looks at me with a half smile. I look to Karlie and she's just eating her food like a gremlin. I laugh and shake my head and join her in eating.

"I have to get ready for class, I can drop you off at home so you can get ready Athena." Caleb says and I continue eating but listen in the conversation.

"Please. I need a shower." She says and my imagination goes to her being naked and me joining her and kissing on her wet beautiful caramel skin.

"Cameron!" I come back from my fantasy from Calebs voice.