We Need To Talk

Cameron's POV
Saturday Afternoon

"Oh my god! You slut!" Karlie basically screams and I covered her mouth.

"Jesus Karlie! The reason I brought you here was so you would have to be quiet!" I whisper yell. I look around the book store to see people staring at us.

"Mind your business and read your books." Karlie says and the people roll their eyes. "Now like I was saying, you are a fucking slut. I knew you had it in you." She says and I roll my eyes.

"It's not like that. It wasnt to get over Athena. I still very much like Athena." I say.

"You mean you 'loooove' Athena." She sings love and I laugh. "But her saying you guys have to talk could literally mean anything Cam, don't stress." She shrugs.

"You are usually the dramatic one, why do you expect me to be calm about this?"

"Because you are a good person Cameron. No matter what she needs to talk about, you're going to do what's best for you and the right thing." She says and I nod still nervous from what Sierra has to talk about. She said we'd talk after cheer practice but hasn't texted me where so I just told her to meet me here. She went home to change so I told Karlie to come so I could tell her what's been going on. She's been busy what she says playing house. Don't get her wrong, she loves her mom but she's messed up too many times for her to just accept her back home unlike her dad.

"Hey you." I turn to Sierra she kisses me and I allow it to deepen.

"Um?" Karlie says and we break apart.

"Sorry, Karlie." She says and Karlie nods and then looks to me knowingly and then gets up.

"I'm gonna go see if they have any, uh, books." She says and gets up awkwardly and I palm my forehead.

"She didn't have to leave, Cam. I'm sure you told her what happened." Sierra says and I nod, biting my lip. "Why are you nervous?" She asks.

I shrug. "We need to talk, is never a good conversation starter."

She chuckles and grabs my hand. "Cam, I like you. And last night was, perfect." Her eyes shine while she speaks. "But I don't want to pressure you into doing something you aren't ready for."

I nod. "So what did you want to talk about?"

"Well, I did want to talk about what it meant for our relationship. If it's dating, going out or just staying friends, just let me know."

"Well, what do you want? I don't want it all to be about me." I say and look in her eyes.

She smiles. "I want to be with you, Cameron. But again I'm not pressuring you into anything."

I nod. "Can we just keep dating for now? I really like you but I don't want to rush this. Last night was amazing," she blushes and nods. "But I want to continue to get to know you."

She smiles brighter and nods. "I completely agree."

I roll my eyes seeing Karlie acting like she's looking for a book but definitely listening to the conversation. "Karlie we're done you can stop now."

She walks over. "I found such a good book." She shows us and we laugh.

"The Da Vinci Code?" I say laughing. "You have no idea who Leonardo Da Vinci even is."

She pouts. "I do too." I look at her with amusement. "He's an actor right?" She looks at Sierra who's trying to hold in her laugh and look with disappointment. "Whatever." She says and walks away.

"Karls, I'm sorry." I call out in a whisper.

"You're so mean." Sierra hits my shoulder and then puts her hand in my hair.

"Can you kiss me already?" I say looking at her lips. She smiles and puts her lips on mine. "Hmm." I hum in content and when her hand wraps around my neck my eyes flutter open and want to take her on this table.

"I have to get home and rest. Practice plus last night has drained me. I will text you though." She says kissing me in between words and I nod still entranced by her lips. "See you later." She gets up and heads out and Karlie comes back.

"Done being mad?"

She flicks me off. "Done being a whore?" She says and I take my turn to flick her off. "So what's the plan for tonight?" She asks.

"Mom, Caleb, Athena and I are going out to the new club tonight."

Her eyes go wide. "And no invite? Wow you are fake."

I laugh and shake my head. "They already sneaking me in, I didn't want to complicate it. We will go together next time, I promise." I say honestly and she nods. "Besides I don't even really want to go now." I cross my arms.

She frowns. "Why?"

"Because I'll be drunk around Athena. Who knows what will happen."

"Then don't get drunk. Have one drink and don't be around her alone. See? There, problem solved." She says proudly.

I just feel like it won't be that easy.